PPC/JMA press on connectors for hardline

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FMROB

PPC/JMA press on connectors for hardline

Post by FMROB »

Hello all,

Looking to get some thoughts, comments, nasty comments on the JMA/PPC press on connectors for AVA, LDF style cable. I have seen and used the rigid propress gun with these connectors one time on a friends project. I was mildly impressed with the speed to which the connector installed, easy prep, and seemed you could hang from the connector once installed. He remarked that the connection type was inherently low pim from the style and applications, however I am looking for input.

I have noticed that the newer AVA cable, over the LDF is cheaper construction, and I certainly am not liking the newer style connectors. At this point the RFS cable/connectors seem to be higher quality over the commscope. I am getting tired of buying prep tools, and stocking a boat load of connectors for all styles of cable.

Is it time to change over to the JMA stuff?
Bill_G

Re: PPC/JMA press on connectors for hardline

Post by Bill_G »

Haven't seen them yet. I have been burnt by the difference between AVA and LDF connectors on the wrong cable. And I have noticed AVA cable uses thinner materials.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”