Waris CPS install on Win 7 x64 Help please!!

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ChrisNYC
New User

Waris CPS install on Win 7 x64 Help please!!

Post by ChrisNYC »

I'm trying to install CPS (R06.12.05) on a 64 bit Win 7 laptop that has no CD drive, so I'm trying to do so using a USB stick.

When I run the setup.exe file it looks like it starts to install, (spinning cursor and lots of hard drive activity), but nothing happens. No CPS splash screen - nothing.

Do you need to install from a CD or DVD drive? I'm stumped!
d119

Re: Waris CPS install on Win 7 x64 Help please!!

Post by d119 »

I don't think the stuff is capable of running in an x64 environment. I know Motorola sure doesn't support that.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

ChrisNYC wrote:I'm trying to install CPS (R06.12.05) on a 64 bit Win 7 laptop that has no CD drive, so I'm trying to do so using a USB stick.

When I run the setup.exe file it looks like it starts to install, (spinning cursor and lots of hard drive activity), but nothing happens. No CPS splash screen - nothing.

Do you need to install from a CD or DVD drive? I'm stumped!
I've installed the Waris CPS from flash drives and memory cards with no problems. After downloading the new version from MOL, I copy the .zip file to an archive directory on my hard drive and on to two archive memory cards. Then I copy it to whatever I'm using for transport (USB stick, memory card, whatever) and then install it on the shop PC when I get there the next day. When I install it, I first unzip it into a temporary directory that doesn't have anything else in it. Then I run the setup file and I am back in business.

Some folks have reported issues with installing it on Win 7 64 bit and Win 8 systems. You may want to do some googling to see if you can find those threads here, on RR, and possibly elsewhere to see if there are any that might contain applicable info.

It may be helpful to close any other applications that might be running and make sure your antivirus and firewall will allow you to install. You may have to run setup as an administrator
tztop10
What radios do you own?: HT1250 EX600XLS CDM1250 CP200

Post by tztop10 »

06.12.05 works on 64 bit systems, you shouyld try compibility mode under properties--->compatibility--->Select Windows XP SP3 from the list and work your way up until it works

Return to “Radio Programming”