Radius P110 6 channel expansion?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KC9MDQ
What radios do you own?: Motorola,Vertex, Kenwood

Radius P110 6 channel expansion?

Post by KC9MDQ »

Howdy gang. In a box full of donated GM300's, I found an unexpected P110 portable! This donation keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. I've been told that if the radio was manufactured prior to 94' that it can be expanded with a certain software package. I'm pretty sure that mine was made in 95, but I am enclosing the number just to be sure. "MADE IN MALAYSIA BY MOTOROLA 95/7/29. . My question is this : if the radio was indeed manufactured after 1994, is there no way to expand the channels or firmware?
Powered by Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Re: Radius P100 6 channel expansion?

Post by RadioSouth »

Nope. From memory I'm thinking 4/93 was about the cutoff.
kd5ual

Post by kd5ual »

the change was made sometime in 94 and only applied to the 2 channel radios is my under standing, if your radio already has 6 channels you may be able to get 16
wendell
KC9MDQ

Post by KC9MDQ »

Alrighty. It sounds like it's worth a shot. Does anyone know the name of the software package? I've tried searching for GPUtilities, and GPToolkit, with variations of the name. No such luck so far.
Powered by Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
kd5ual

Post by kd5ual »

check out the Batlabs Model specific page for P110 GP300 lots of good info
wendell
KC9MDQ

Post by KC9MDQ »

Yup. That was my first stop after I found it. Unfortunately, it did not seem to have any of the specific information I am looking for. I will re-read the page to see if there's anything I missed.