IMPRES Batteries And Chargers

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

I have two IMPRES chargers and several IMPRES batteries. Recently I have noticed that when I put the batteries in either charger, I no longer get a green light. Does this simply mean that the batteries are worn out and should be replaced or could there be other possibilities? I do know that the chargers don not have the same firmware. One is version 3.9 and the other is a version or two older than that.
tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

Re: IMPRES Batteries And Chargers

Post by tsunami_australia »

What light(s) are you getting? For example my XTS2500 battery is croaked and it shows green/red alternating all day every day in the charger whether turned on or not. I just use it now as a receiver for home since I use the XTS5000 for everything now.
Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

Either yellow or red. It never goes to green.
tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

Re: IMPRES Batteries And Chargers

Post by tdats »

Your charger may have a handy sticker on the bottom of it that shows what the color codes mean.

Yellow means it is conditioning. This process, depending on how large the battery is, can take a very long time. I have 1 high capacity battery that when it decides to condition when I drop it in the charger at night will still be displaying a yellow conditioning light in the morning. Learned the hard way to force it to charge by taking it out and putting it back in the charger and wait for a weekend or something, or switch to a spare battery and let it do it's thing.

Until it finishes conditioning, every time that battery goes into an impress charger it will try to condition.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”