XTL5000 color display settings

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Java
What radios do you own?: Astro, XTS, XTL, WARIS

XTL5000 color display settings

Post by Java »

Anyone played with the percent red/green to get different colors like, turquoise, or purple etc,, on the xtl5000?

Just swapped a w4 xtl to a 05 and digging the colored the display but want to try to get odd Colors going...
Java
fineshot1

Re: XTL5000 color display settings

Post by fineshot1 »

Java wrote:Anyone played with the percent red/green to get different colors like, turquoise, or purple etc,, on the xtl5000?

Just swapped a w4 xtl to a 05 and digging the colored the display but want to try to get odd Colors going...
Under the CPS "Back Light Color Control" Tab in "Display and Menu" the color options are defaulted to Red, Green or
Amber with no blending - I have never seen a way to attempt that.
fineshot1
NJ USA
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

fineshot1 wrote:
Java wrote:Anyone played with the percent red/green to get different colors like, turquoise, or purple etc,, on the xtl5000?

Under the CPS "Back Light Color Control" Tab in "Display and Menu" the color options are defaulted to Red, Green or
"Custom: By raising or lowering the percent intensity of the Custom Red field or the Custom Green field you may create a custom color."
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
x1sspic
What radios do you own?: AstroSpectra XTS3K XTS5K APX7K

Post by x1sspic »

resqguy911 wrote:
fineshot1 wrote:

"Custom: By raising or lowering the percent intensity of the Custom Red field or the Custom Green field you may create a custom color."
The 05 head has green and red LED's. Green and Red combine to give you Yellow, so you can adjust the color on that spectrum (Green<-->Yellow<-->Red). You won't be able to get any other colors since it doesn't have a blue LED for full RGB capabilities.
Java

Post by Java »

x1sspic wrote:
"Custom: By raising or lowering the percent intensity of the Custom Red field or the Custom Green field you may create a custom color."[/quote]

The 05 head has green and red LED's. Green and Red combine to give you Yellow, so you can adjust the color on that spectrum (Green<-->Yellow<-->Red). You won't be able to get any other colors since it doesn't have a blue LED for full RGB capabilities.[/quote]
Yeah I see that after looking at a color wheel. Bummer. That's OK, atleast I was able to match the color green with my xts5000 radios. Very cool radio after the rebuild.
Java
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

Java wrote:
x1sspic wrote:
The 05 head has green and red LED's. Green and Red combine to give you Yellow, so you can adjust the color on that spectrum (Green<-->Yellow<-->Red). You won't be able to get any other colors since it doesn't have a blue LED for full RGB capabilities.[/quote]
Yeah I see that after looking at a color wheel. Bummer. That's OK, atleast I was able to match the color green with my xts5000 radios. Very cool radio after the rebuild.[/quote]

My CPS codeplugs in the tab i noted above have the percent intensity greyed out so there is no accessing that so please
explain how you manage to do that.
fineshot1
NJ USA
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

I just opened up a codeplug and changed Default Backlight Color from Green to Custom and the sliders were no longer grayed out.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

KG4INW wrote:I just opened up a codeplug and changed Default Backlight Color from Green to Custom and the sliders were no longer grayed out.
I don't have any spare XTL5000's to try this with - just been opening up old
codeplugs to try and follow with where you are going with this. If i get one
to play with i will attempt to blend the colors like you are saying but i doubt
i will get one in soon to try this with.
fineshot1
NJ USA
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

The adjustable colours are one of the XTL5k upgrade features from the 2k5. I've set the 5k display colour to match Audi (dark red), Toyota (green), BMW (orange), and Landover (light green) dash lights and OEM radio backlights when fitting to those vehicles.
Java

Post by Java »

Astro Spectra wrote:The adjustable colours are one of the XTL5k upgrade features from the 2k5. I've set the 5k display colour to match Audi (dark red), Toyota (green), BMW (orange), and Landover (light green) dash lights and OEM radio backlights when fitting to those vehicles.
Was hoping to get turquoise for chevy, bummer. Maybe later on I'll tinker with switching out the smd for another color.
Java

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”