P25.CA - anyone have any status update

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim202

P25.CA - anyone have any status update

Post by Jim202 »

The well respected web site that we all enjoyed going to and reading about all sorts of Motorola topics has been unavailable for some time now.

Does anyone have any update on what is going on? I did see a post a while back about the web site host had shut it down for non payment. Never saw if that was the case or not.

It would be a tremendous loss to the Motorola user community if it doesn't come back.

Jim
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: P25.CA - anyone have any status update

Post by FireCpt809 »

Due to Legal issues with the site management and the DHS it was taken down. Unknown when or if it will return.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Mars gave an update on it on RadioReference. Unfortunately, they appear to be down right now so I can't link to it.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

I don't think it will be back anytime soon. Sad, because it was a very valuable resource.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

MTS2000des wrote:I don't think it will be back anytime soon. Sad, because it was a very valuable resource.
They were the best. GARY
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I hope they find a way to reactivate, the circumstances are unfortunate and yet the "professional" flashcode upgraders that are rampant on Ebay and deprive Motorola of legitimate revenue carry on as if nothing ever happened
jry

Post by jry »

that forum was great from my perspective. Opened because other sites were either too basic or too restrictive on content.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

escomm wrote:I hope they find a way to reactivate, the circumstances are unfortunate and yet the "professional" flashcode upgraders that are rampant on Ebay and deprive Motorola of legitimate revenue carry on as if nothing ever happened
Valuable resource, but I don't believe upgrading flash codes was his issue.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by sjxts3000 »

spectragod wrote:
escomm wrote:I hope they find a way to reactivate, the circumstances are unfortunate and yet the "professional" flashcode upgraders that are rampant on Ebay and deprive Motorola of legitimate revenue carry on as if nothing ever happened
Valuable resource, but I don't believe upgrading flash codes was his issue.
He's not referring to anyone over at the CS site... he's referring to all the crooks on ebay that sell radios with whored-out flash codes and claim they are "tagless, but legit".
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

I like the ones on eBay that are selling current software for what it costs for an overnight envelope, yet legit users have to pay out the arse for the same thing.
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

com501 wrote:I like the ones on eBay that are selling current software for what it costs for an overnight envelope, yet legit users have to pay out the arse for the same thing.
Frustrating indeed....to no end. I've given up reporting those on eBay as eBay clearly doesn't care and doesn't do a damn thing about it.
JeffFireRadio

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Another vote for 'I miss the site'. Used the heck out of it! Thanks to all who made it possible. Just in case it helps anyone (and most of us probably already know this), you can google an old p25 or cs topic, click on the 'cached' arrow and at least see the old threads in pure text format if you're needing to reference something that was on the site before it disappeared. This has helped me out a few times already in the past week. -
KE7JFF
What radios do you own?: MX300 lunchbox

Post by KE7JFF »

I liked the site too and wish it did come back.

My only complaint was that sometimes it got too "preachy" but I at least was given a chance to voice my two cents when those topics come up.
Mountain Wave Search & Rescue http://www.mwave.org
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

I agree that it got too "preachy" and even banned users for spelling errors and grammar issues, but I never posted so I didn't have that problem.

I concur there was a lot of good info on it, but their posting of older and unsupported programming software I'm sure ruffled /\/\otorola's feathers as I believe they never actually received written permission to do this, but I'm sure that this wasn't the actual issue. Mars posted a very lengthy explanation of what happened to him on the site that stated when he was leaving from Dayton to travel back to Canada and was detained by CBP and all of his laptops, keyloaders, and secure radios were confiscated. Shortly after the site went away.
cadpattact
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 XTS2500 XTS3000

Post by cadpattact »

Communications.Support is back online!
JRUTA
What radios do you own?: APX6k Visar

Post by JRUTA »

It's back up
Shuttle

Post by Shuttle »

Awesomecake! That's all I'll say :)
SSE5000ASTRO

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

p25 forums recovered,but all attachment be cancled! you can download nothing now.... :o
jmfirefighter20
What radios do you own?: /\/\ AS, APX7000

Post by jmfirefighter20 »

SSE5000ASTRO wrote:p25 forums recovered,but all attachment be cancled! you can download nothing now.... :o
No one has been able to download anything since the all the BS started. Nothing new with the "return" of Communications.Support
Joshua
W1DPT
Raymond, NH

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”