MTS2000 800Mhz SREC NEEDED

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

E27GXT
New User

MTS2000 800Mhz SREC NEEDED

Post by E27GXT »

Looking for MTS2000 800Mhz SREC model number H01UCF6PW1BN
Thankyou
saberjerk

Re: MTS2000 800Mhz SREC NEEDED

Post by saberjerk »

Has anyone visited the toolproof issue with the MTS2000 lately ? The only serious work I can find is with Monty back on 04. RIP brother.

I found 800mhz codeplugs on the codeplug super site: http://codeplugsupersite.com/
Don't know if their in s-rec format or not.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Why not just change out the controller board?
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by saberjerk »

spectragod are you saying just get another mts2000 controller ? How is that going to work ? Even if you have a good s-record it will still be out of tune with your existing hardware. What controller do you suggest ?
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

saberjerk wrote:spectragod are you saying just get another mts2000 controller ? How is that going to work ? Even if you have a good s-record it will still be out of tune with your existing hardware. What controller do you suggest ?
If you dump an s record in, it will be out of tune also. Find a controller with the flash and model # you need, change it out and your done, sans a tune possibly.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by saberjerk »

I'm pretty sure that if you just dump in any old srec you will get toolproof error. You have to save the original and guard it with your life.
No one here seems to be interested in these radios and their problems anymore. Their afraid of ol ma M !!
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

saberjerk wrote:I'm pretty sure that if you just dump in any old srec you will get toolproof error. You have to save the original and guard it with your life.
No one here seems to be interested in these radios and their problems anymore. Their afraid of ol ma M !!
It would depend on the FW that is in the radio if it will tool proof it. Mother m gave me a tool to use when we rebanded to un tool proof those radios, I think I used it 3 or 4 times, I'll have to dig it out to see what it was called.

Post by BigJim »

Hi SG,

If you can find the tool to undo the FAIL 01/93 error on an MTS2000 we need to talk. I believe I have a radio that needs this.

Thanks, BJ

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”