cloning mcs2000 trunked

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ftowerpc

cloning mcs2000 trunked

Post by ftowerpc »

does to clone an mcs2000 when I go to the cloning on the rss all I get is seriel numbers do not match. it is 800 smartzone so do I read the radio that I want to program first or the radio with all the info in it first? have tried with no luck. any help is appreciated nthanks
jackhackett

Re: cloning mcs2000 trunked

Post by jackhackett »

Using CPS...
Read the radio with the info in it and save it to a file. Connect the radio you want to clone to and select 'clone radio' under 'tools>cloning' menu.
When the clone radio window pops up it should have a button that says 'read serial number', click that and you should see the serial number shown change. Click the 'program radio' button and it should now program the radio.

If by chance you're actually using RSS instead of CPS (DOS instead of Windows) let me know and I'll see if I can dig the info out from the archives of old stuff.
ftowerpc

Post by ftowerpc »

hi first I am using cps now the fun part when I do that ( read serial number) what I get is a message that says " this function cannot occur until every trunking system in memory has a corresponding system key" so now what since I read the radio with the info and saved it to a file plug into the radio I want to clone it to then that's what I get thanks sofar for the help
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Oh yes, for trunking you need to obtain system keys. I haven't dealt with trunking in a long time, perhaps someone more familiar with it can chime in here.
ftowerpc

Post by ftowerpc »

ok thanks for the help
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

I found this on the site here:

http://batlabs.com/syskey.html

Not sure if that helps or not.

Return to “Radio Programming”