XTS External Keyup

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE4NYVJR
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu

XTS External Keyup

Post by KE4NYVJR »

I'm working on a project for a buddy and I'm having a hell of a time getting an XTS2500 or 5000 to key up through accessory port. When I look at the pinout, I see ground, but I don't see a pad for PTT. I see a Busy pad, so I wondered if that was the PTT (kind of like Kenwood's way of using "standby" a the PTT term). That didn't work. He bought one of these adapters that attaches on and gives you a 3.5mm speaker connection, as well as a built in PTT button. The PTT button is not keying the radio. So I grabbed my Motorola adapter and it won't key the radio either. However, if I connect my Motorola speaker mic, no problem keying the radio.

I'm wondering if there is something in programming that isn't allowing the keyup with the adapter, possibly through the opt_sel1 and opt_sel2 pads on the port.

Any help would be appreciated. Iv'e been sitting on this project for months and he's getting tired of waiting :o)
Jason KE4NYV
Motorola Solutions ST
wavetar
Administrator

Re: XTS External Keyup

Post by wavetar »

The post from NAND in the thread link below explains it very well.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... tt#p167726
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
KE4NYVJR
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu

Re: XTS External Keyup

Post by KE4NYVJR »

wavetar wrote:The post from NAND in the thread link below explains it very well.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... tt#p167726
Thanks! I did a forum search prior to posting and this thread didn't come up. I must have searched the wrong keywords. Thanks again!
Jason KE4NYV
Motorola Solutions ST

Return to “ASTRO25 Series (XTS/XTL 1500/2500/5000) Subscribers”