General programming question xpr4550

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ctrmass
New User

General programming question xpr4550

Post by ctrmass »

I recently purchased an XPR4550 with R01.04.10 firmware and the 450-512 bandsplit. AAM27TRH9LA1AN
It has capacity plus and connect + (whatever that is)
I just picked up cps 13.5+ firmware+ tuner 13.5 on a disc, and have an PMKN4016A en route as I type.
How exactly will I need to program this radio to amateur (I'm licensed) repeaters?
I have a Tyt md-380 that I programmed myself, but I know VERY LITTLE about this.
Please explain this. Dont be afraid to document every step. :D I know virtually NOTHING about digital radio's and programming.
Thanks

Oh, almost forgot. My laptop is running windows 10.

If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move/correct it. Thanks. :D
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Re: General programming question xpr4550

Post by N4KVE »

First of all, you should have purchased the 403-470 split radio to use in the 440 ham band. Next you will want to upgrade the FW to 1.12.17 which is the newest. How to trick [hex edit] the radio to work in the 440 ham band is documented on numerous sites. The D-MARC site shows you exactly how to program the radio. I could type for hours, or you can find everything on U-Tube.
ctrmass
New User

Post by ctrmass »

OK, I got most of this squared away.
Even though it was supposed to be a real Moto cable, there was a driver glitch, I got it taken care of now.
I (think) I updated the firmware the radio,it reads a new version now... messed with the hex edit stuff, I can now enter 440mhz frequencies, and I got the radio's password figured out.
My problem now is it does not want to transmit on 440 ham digital repeaters. I checked the color codes, time slots and offsets several times. Still no go. The radio makes a long "Boooooop" when the mic is keyed. The radio came to me with the GMRS/FRS channels in it, and they work fine still. ??
I did add the DMR repeaters as digital contacts as opposed to analog. I'm guessing it just have the wrong box checked somewhere.
I have everything correctly in"general settings". Call sign, DMR ID etc.
???
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Make sure admit criteria is set to color code free. Also make sure the TG's you want to talk on have the correct corresponding group set. Also read this. GARY
http://dmr-marc.net/FAQ/subscriber-program.html
ctrmass
New User

Post by ctrmass »

Checked the color code where you said. Good catch!
Named TG's.
Adjusted mic to DMR sites recommendations.
Now the radio dont want to power up.:/
This thing is making me old fast.......

Return to “Radio Programming”