Apx radios and encryption

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

Apx radios and encryption

Post by OCSD117 »

Really dumb question but I see all these radios on eBay with every algos in them. With the cost of them, how are people getting them in the radios? Is it legit?
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Re: Apx radios and encryption

Post by sjxts3000 »

Most of those radios come with those encryption algorithms already enabled in the MACE from the factory. Clearly, however, there are no keys loaded. Even some tagless demo radios had some algos enabled. But when you see a tagless piece of junk radio with a whored-out flash code and five algos, it's a pretty good bet it was done outside of the factory or the /\/\ depot.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

There are people who can load algos from KVLs that have been modified. Defnitely shadow-ware.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Legit algo upgrades are shipped on CD-ROMs now with an encrypted upgrade file matching the KVL's serial number. I have no doubt someone's figured out the magic behind manipulating the upgrade files.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”