Bluetooth adaptors for XTS series

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MattSR

Bluetooth adaptors for XTS series

Post by MattSR »

Hi all,

I am looking for a decent bluetooth adaptor that will fit an XTS series radio. It needs to work with non-Motorola branded headsets.

I've tried the BLU-comm / Pryme-blu XTS dongles, and the audio quality is terrible to the point of being unusable. Constant audio crackling, low-bitrate audio, and it forces the headsets mike to unmute, so the sidetone audio monitor is always there, even when the radio is muted. Total POS.

What do you guys recommend?

Cheers,
Matt
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Re: Bluetooth adaptors for XTS series

Post by sjxts3000 »

I’ve experienced the same with the Pryme adapter on XTS 3000 and 5000. It was horrible. Even if the radio was near my right quad in a cargo pocket when the Bluetooth headset was on my left ear, it kept constantly losing connection. I was using a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD headset.

Fortunately it was right about the time when I ditched my XTS and Jedi (MTS) radios and went all APX with built-in BT.
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

I have a couple of the /\/\ XTS Bluetooth adapters... they worked pretty well with my GoNovate G10 when I was using them. Love the APX built-in Bluetooth though.
Jake
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

I messed around with the factory ones as well and found that the same unit operated flawlessly on an XTS5K but was terrible on a 2.5K.
The 2.5 had distorted crackling RX audio that got worse when the earpiece was on the opposite side of the radio. The 5K didn't have any of these issues.

I tried a number of different consumer grade headsets and they all were pretty much the same in performance, but my fav was the behind the ear Jabra.

Recently I have been experimenting with the BT hearing aids that my wife dispenses (she is an audiologist) and they work quite well when paired to an APX. Motorola could learn a thing or two from Widex... lol
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I came across some NOS RLN6379 kits yesterday and recall they work fantastic with the XTS and JEDI portables. They were originally designed to work with a Motorola headset but IIRC mated up fine with p much any COTS mono headset

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”