CDM1250 PL Problem

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N1lma
New User

CDM1250 PL Problem

Post by N1lma »

I'm using repeater with two CDM1250's. After programming, I have no PL encode or decode even though both radios are programmed to have it. Could I have an audio setting incorrect that would override the channel setting?
n1gtl
What radios do you own?: XPR5550, XPR7550e

Re: CDM1250 PL Problem

Post by n1gtl »

Under RADIO CONFIGURATION look at the BASIC tab. Look for the Hook (HUB) defeats PL check box. Make sure it is unchecked.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

n1gtl wrote:Under RADIO CONFIGURATION look at the BASIC tab. Look for the Hook (HUB) defeats PL check box. Make sure it is unchecked.

That will not effect the PL encode.

Jim
n1gtl
What radios do you own?: XPR5550, XPR7550e

Post by n1gtl »

True, I guess I need to learn to read slower.

What does pin 14 do? It is labeled "hook switch".

I've always made "crossover" cables with no logic between. Pins 2, 3, 7, 8 and 11. Program pin 8 for PL & CSQ/talkgroup detect and it's always worked.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

n1gtl wrote:True, I guess I need to learn to read slower.

What does pin 14 do? It is labeled "hook switch".

Hook switch is grounded to make the receiver work on CTCSS (continuous tone coded squelch system). If the line is not grounded, then the receiver will be in carrier squelch. Along with this is a software setting in the radio to make this active or to ignore the hook switch grounding and be carrier squelch all the time. This grounded hook switch also controls the scanning of the radio. In the ignore software setting, the radio will stay in the scan mode all the time, regardless of the mic in the hangup clip or in your hand.

Jim

Return to “Radio Programming”