Silent Key: W2NJS, "Tom in D.C."

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

alex
Administrator

Silent Key: W2NJS, "Tom in D.C."

Post by alex »

All,

It is a heavy hart that I share that Tom passed away over the weekend. He was a Moderator here and contributor for several years. He will be missed by his family, friends, and those of us who had frequent contact with him through this site. One of the biggest things I have gotten out of running the forum for as long as I have is the friendships that don't tend to go away with time. I'll miss you Tom. Thank you for your contributions over the years, your smile, and the several lunches we had when I came to DC.

If anyone has a story, thought, etc, that they want to share feel free to reply. We will see what we can do to get it out to his family. I'm sure they would enjoy seeing the lives he touched in small ways with his hobby.

Alex
[Note: It was brought to my attention people could not reply.... I ask that you test it and send me a PM if you find that you are unable to. Sorry.]
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Silent Key: W2NJS, "Tom in D.C."

Post by escomm »

Tom was one of the good guys. He'll be sorely missed.
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Wow. Just read this. He helped me with a few radio problems I had back in 2010. I spoke to him on the phone, & in talking, found out we both had similar heart problems. When I spoke to him, I had recently had surgery to correct my problem, and we were comparing notes. Just last week was the 10th anniversary of my lifesaving surgery. So he, & I had a special bond. So sad to read this. God bless his family. GARY.
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Having been a member here since almost the beginning and not being too active as of late, I just saw this message.

This is very sad news. Tom was a great guy and has helped me out many times in the past. He was defiantly one of the good guys and will be missed for sure.

Mike
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

RIP Tom
pfd radio

Post by pfd radio »

RIP - Tom - One of the good ones.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”