New user with IFR 1900 questions

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wj3v41
New User

New user with IFR 1900 questions

Post by wj3v41 »

I have been a regular reader here on the forum but just registered officially today.
Seems like there is not a lot of info available for the IFR1900. I have downloaded the operation manual and maintenance manual and it seems to be a mixture of IFR1600 and IFR1900 combined. Anyway, I have a couple questions maybe someone here might be able to answer.

Unit passes all self tests except the first test which is the clock test. I assume the RTC module has a dead battery.

1. Are there replacements available for the DS12887 RTC module?

I see several people modifying these and adding an external battery. I could do this but want to see if there are any other options.
When I run the configuration, the runtime hours is filled with garbage. I assume this is because of the RTC module?

2. Should the power supply capacitors be changed as preventative maintenance?

3, Any other areas of concern regarding capacitors?

4. Is there a calibration document available anywhere?

5. And lastly, the spec sheet says a maximum power input of 50 watts RMS. Does this mean a peak power of 200 watts is fine? Can I test my 100 watt SSB transmitter and be safe?

I did remove the top cover just to see how things looked. It was very clean and had no dust inside. Looked almost like new.
Thanks for any info........

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”