Anyone remember bandslpits on Low Band MSR2000?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Anyone remember bandslpits on Low Band MSR2000?

Post by apco25 »

Got a low band MSR2000 sitting around. Would like to replace a very old GE base on 45 Mhz freqs with the MSR. MSR came out of the old sheriff's system which was on 39 Mhz.

Anyone remember what the splits were?

I thought it was 29-36, 37-42 and 42-50

I have had a chance to make it out to the site there the MSR is sitting right now to read the model #. That's monday's mission..
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
xmo

Post by xmo »

Low band MSR2000???

Now you have me wondering if I've lost too many brain cells [hanging around RF is said to do that]

I don't remember there ever being a low band MSR. They kept the Micor alive years past its prime - just available in low band - because it was the only low band base. They market was too small to justify the engineering of an MSR or MSF for low band.

When the Micor was finally put to rest - sales cried for some sort of low band base. For a time I think they made a kluge that came in an MSR cabinet - but when you opened it up - it had a fold down low band Maratrac for RF.
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

Ok at least I thought i was an MSR2000 - just looked at it briefly as it was in a short station cabinet and sure looked like an MSR.

Maybe I'm loosing my mind.

I certainly know the difference between the two.

Then again I might not have paid close attention. There was also a 6ft cabinet up there with dual meter panel - which I assumed was a high power 250-300w station.

Anyway, I'll check again on monday when I have a chance to look at it.

Same question if its the micor - what splits were they?

My gut tells me if it was on 39Mhz freqs its probably a mid split and won't move up to 45Mhz
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
xmo

Post by xmo »

Micors are:
25 to 30
30 to 36
36 to 42
42 to 50

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”