Depot repair of untagged models.

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Can't PM...still broke. How else can you be contacted?
What radios do you own?: MT-500 with scan

Post by 123 »

Be advised I talked to motorola & they tell me that the "ABC" radios are {alpha} beta test & demo radios they gave to departments to try out,so spectra god sounds like you got mis information sir.
Keep the flames to yourself.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

The only mis-imformation is what you have gotten. M does not send out a demo radio that they cannot track, PERIOD.

FOAD troll,
SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by 123 »

Um,okay mr god. "Foad"? "troll" ?
All you do is call out elementry school names and no facts. Are you 7 years old? Act your age, far as the demo radios go I know of a few departments that had the abc radios to test. Including the department I worked for. Why would motorola care about a few demo radios when the contract they are about to win would be over 2 million in sales & service fees? Spectragod your a silly man with no facts just empty words. I have been in this business for 10 years. I have no problem sending a demo radio to a law enforcement agency when I know it would put $$ in my pocket to secure the sale. If the radio is lost its a mere business tax expense. Motorola is no different. I assume you lack selfesteem among other things and putting someone else down is a way of covering up something you are lacking... along with your king god screen name "spectragod" spectras are a thing of the past, maybe that reflects on who you are..someone of the past with old knowledge.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

123 wrote:Um,okay mr god. "Foad"? "troll" ?
All you do is call out elementry school names and no facts. Are you 7 years old? Act your age, far as the demo radios go I know of a few departments that had the abc radios to test. Including the department I worked for. Why would motorola care about a few demo radios when the contract they are about to win would be over 2 million in sales & service fees? Spectragod your a silly man with no facts just empty words. I have been in this business for 10 years. I have no problem sending a demo radio to a law enforcement agency when I know it would put $$ in my pocket to secure the sale. If the radio is lost its a mere business tax expense. Motorola is no different. I assume you lack selfesteem among other things and putting someone else down is a way of covering up something you are lacking... along with your king god screen name "spectragod" spectras are a thing of the past, maybe that reflects on who you are..someone of the past with old knowledge.
Troll. The demo radios that Motorola sells/passes out, both to dealers and to end users, have legit serial numbers in them. 123ABC1234 is not a valid serial number.

Post by 123 »

Tell that to the Sheriff of Polk Co. he had one,from motorola rep,but yea,I guess I am making this up. :P I may not know everything,but I do know this to be true.
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

123 wrote:Um,okay mr god. "Foad"? "troll" ?
Troll is apparently what you are, FOAD is a acronym, not a name.

I am old enough to know M doesn't send out radio's that cannot be tracked, maybe years ago, but not today.

Spectragod is not the name I chose for myself, everyone else did, I don't lack anything. I guess I could change it to XTL god or XTS god, that would be more current with the equipment available.

As far as sending demo radio's to a LE agency, if you sent us several radio's, all with the same serial # for demo's, the only thing there would be is an investigation.

Signing off......
Spectra god.... XTL god..... XTS god
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by BDB »

I'm not trying to add fuel to a fire here but I did have a demo XTS5k a couple years back that did have the ABC1234 serial number for T&E. Again I'm not saying this to back anyone's side in the controversy just wanting to relay the info.
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

While M may have done that in the past, I can say that they don't anymore. Furthermore..... the radio's in question in this thread are the one's being sold on Ebay.

So where would you expect 200+ radio's with that serial # and generic IMBE flash came from. M sent all those out for demo use? And then they wound up in Hong Kong?

SG

Post by 10-95 »

spectragod wrote:While M may have done that in the past, I can say that they don't anymore. Furthermore..... the radio's in question in this thread are the one's being sold on Ebay.

So where would you expect 200+ radio's with that serial # and generic IMBE flash came from. M sent all those out for demo use? And then they wound up in Hong Kong?

SG
I think M got to the guy selling them on Ebay, he pulled all his acutions for 5000's and even went as far as not selling some already one. I checked his feedback and he had several from folks he told they were "no longer available." M wants those radios to go away and something tells me if you send one to the depot it will end up in some tech's collection.

Frank
ab
What radios do you own?: G40

Post by ab »

Be advised I talked to motorola & they tell me that the "ABC" radios are {alpha} beta test & demo radios they gave to departments to try out,so spectra god sounds like you got mis information sir.
Sometimes people at M go on vacation and are not up to date on policy
changes.

When you send a radio to the depot,it just depends on the tech you
get to repair it ( new, old guy with BA, company man, or one who
cant read english well ).

You can put 5 reps in room and get 8 answers. You know sales people.

Motrac , mocom70 , Spectra ............best mobile radios ever made by M
ab

still lurking here
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

10-95 wrote:
spectragod wrote:While M may have done that in the past, I can say that they don't anymore. Furthermore..... the radio's in question in this thread are the one's being sold on Ebay.

SG
I think M got to the guy selling them on Ebay, he pulled all his acutions for 5000's and even went as far as not selling some already one. I checked his feedback and he had several from folks he told they were "no longer available." M wants those radios to go away and something tells me if you send one to the depot it will end up in some tech's collection.

Frank
They were confiscated by customs, even though he had bought them for scrap. Just shows the power M has on people I guess.

SG

Batboard $upporter

Post by Fuel4300 »

spectragod wrote: They were confiscated by customs, even though he had bought them for scrap. Just shows the power M has on people I guess.

SG
US Customs or some kind of Chinese equivilent? What was the violation?

Also, how do you find this kind of inside information? I am not questioning its accuracy I am just wondering.

Mike

Post by 123 »

I would like to know the same also.... I also thought this website was about "learning" not bashing... which is all spectra god has done to me,takes my experience & throws it away based on his opinion that he does not like what I say. What a little boy. I told my experience,but obivously that was not good enough for the god of spectras. Which shows this website is no longer a learning experience but a bash fest.
spectragod

Post by spectragod »

Fuel4300 wrote:
spectragod wrote: They were confiscated by customs, even though he had bought them for scrap. Just shows the power M has on people I guess.

SG
US Customs or some kind of Chinese equivilent? What was the violation?

Also, how do you find this kind of inside information? I am not questioning its accuracy I am just wondering.

Mike
It was China Police, China Customs and a 3 letter U.S. based agency. China is not like the USA, you don't have rights if they don't want you to have them.

Where do I get my information? Think about it, where do you figure I work?

And FWIW, this is a website about "learning", if you listen, you will learn, if you try and micro manage everything you hear , question it and demand proof, you will most likely get the same answers 123 is getting.

Yes, there were a few "Beta" radios that were sent out to groups for testing, they were sent back and supposed to be destroyed, some wound up on tables at hamfests.

But the flooded market of which we are speaking is from radio's that were warehoused and there was a fire. 123 cannot get the proof of that, so it must not exist. Let me tell you, there are a lot of things that happen that you will never have any proof for. Who shot Kennedy for example.

As far as this board being a bash fest, I couldn't tell you. I know someone has a real hangup with my board name though.... go figure.

If I see you at Dayton, maybe I will tell you the whole scoop about these radio's, but not on a public forum.

SG

Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

ok, that's enuf.

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”