SYNTOR X 9000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Will

Post by Will »

That is a 1989 LPI Spectra.
The Model number would be a dash mount radio, not remote.
I do not remember the dual DB25 jack front pannel tho that early in the Spectra production. The front could have been swapped..

The DEFAULT TX freq for that range would be 152.0000 with no PL or DPL.

LPI means less than 15 watts TX.
twowaytekk

X9000

Post by twowaytekk »

The part number on this Spectra interconnect board is HLN6161A SP01. I looked this up on MOL. It does show NLA, but it list it as an interconnect board "Washington State"

Mark
twowaytekk

Re: SYNTOR X 9000

Post by twowaytekk »

Well I have played with this setup some more. The Control head does control the Spectra "Area" channel volume. The main "Area" frequency mode name is programmed into the control head with via one of the indicator buttons (along the top row of the control head). To no suprise it appears as though it was programmed as a auxilary function that enables the Spectra to be controlled from the head itself, thus allowing the user to change volume to the Spectra and X9000 independantly. I'm starting to think it may be possible to add more than one "Area" frequency into the Spectra and controlled via the head. Also I think it was convered here before but the talkaround mic uses VIP Input 2, pin 3. Also these Spectras do need to be recapped as well....they are that vintage!

Mark

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”