PFD3000 / MTX-VIP

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mikegilbert
What radios do you own?: All of them

PFD3000 / MTX-VIP

Post by mikegilbert »

Greetings all,

I picked up brand new in box PFD3000 (also known as the MTX-VIP) the other day and would love to get it programmed up just for giggles. From what I've read, it uses the same RSS as the Maxtrac trunking models. I just need to figure out what the pinouts are for the programming. It has the same type of contacts as a regular brick phone, so I assume it might utilize a brick phone cradle.

I figure someone has to have a programming or service manual out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Some crappy iPhone shots of it (excuse the green protective plastic on the case):

maxkelley_kc2spy
What radios do you own?: XTS2.5K-Q, ASpectra, MT2K

Re: PFD3000 / MTX-VIP

Post by maxkelley_kc2spy »

That's awesome! Good luck finding literature on it... wish I could help.
What band?
Max Kelley KC2SPY
http://www.maxkelley.com
MT2000 VHF & UHF A7, Visar UHF, ASII UHF, Maratrac UHF, Astro Spectra UHF, MCS2KIII 900, XTS2.5K-Q
mikegilbert

Post by mikegilbert »

It's 800mhz and capable of 106 modes / talkgroups in conventional, smartnet or smartzone trunking. It can also do full duplex phone operation. A pretty cool little device- even has an emergency button on top, so it might do MDC1200 as well.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

The display reminds me of the CoveragePLUS trunking Maxtracs, which were also full-duplex. Woe to you if it requires CoveragePLUS RSS because I have never seen it in the "wild." Maxtrac Trunk Lab would probably be your best bet.
KE7JFF
What radios do you own?: MX300 lunchbox

Post by KE7JFF »

You know, I rememeber I was in a airport as a child, I think it was Chicago O'Hare and I saw some employee of some sort with one these "phones". He was fiddling with the buttons on the side a lot as I recall.
Mountain Wave Search & Rescue http://www.mwave.org
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!
mikegilbert

Post by mikegilbert »

Figured I'd give this a bump to see if anyone's found any more info on one of these. I did find one snippet of info over on a RR thread stating they used the trunked Maxtrac RSS.

I missed out on what could possibly be a programming interface on ebay.

The part number is RTL4288A

Here's an image of the cable:

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”