Low pwr Low current standby repeater needed

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cbroseinak

Low pwr Low current standby repeater needed

Post by cbroseinak »

Need a recommendation on a Low current standby repeater for a mountain top site. Solar site with poor daylight conditions. Currently have a Daniels MT-3 based crystal controlled repeater. Needs to be narrowbanded but I guess Daniels
no longer supports this model. The site tx pwr is 8watts and does what it needs to do at that out-put.

If someone knows who does narrowband mods to these units I might go that route.
RFguy

Re: Low pwr Low current standby repeater needed

Post by RFguy »

Have you checked with Daniels? We had several MT-3 units narrowbanded by them a few years ago.
cbroseinak

Post by cbroseinak »

RFguy wrote:Have you checked with Daniels? We had several MT-3 units narrowbanded by them a few years ago.
I did call them, the person I talked to said they dont do that anymore. That they had a MT-4 synthesised unit. Maybe I talked to the wrong guy...... :x
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Spectra Engineering MX921, <60mA standby.

http://www.spectraeng.com.au/mx921.shtml

Solid piece of gear, they use these at solar powered sites on VHF in Antarctica.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”