MC2000 Deskset and Quantar

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cleb
What radios do you own?: CDM1250 MCS2000 HT1K Quantar

MC2000 Deskset and Quantar

Post by cleb »

I have a MC2000 hooked up to a Quantar, using DC control, over ~100ft of Cat5 UTP cable. I am using a 4 wire full duplex configuration, with both ends (Quantar and MC2000) set as such. The Quantar is setup as a 440 repeater. The TX audio using the MC2000 to key the Quantar sounds great. The RX audio of the Quantar receiving a portable/mobile, and passing it to the MC2000 sounds weak and muffled. If the deviation is slightly low, or the signal is weak, no audio comes through. Audio through the repeater (radio to radio) sounds good. I'm wondering if its an audio level issue on the wireline? I setup the MC2000 TX (dBM) at -15, and the RX AGC (dBm) sounds the best (still awful) at -30. I did not see anywhere in the Quantar RSS to set wireline levels. Any ideas?

Thanks,

c
Batboard $upporter

Re: MC2000 Deskset and Quantar

Post by 515 »

I had a similar issue with an MC1000 tone remote deskset a an Astro Consolette a while back. These desksets have an "audio squelch" of sorts that's supposed to mute any faint hum or hiss that might be on the line when no traffic is being received. When the audio coming in to the deskset is below a certain level for long enough, the deskset just mutes itself.

You need more audio from the Quantar, or to make the MC2000 more sensitive to audio from the Quantar. Maybe there's a sensitivity adjustment in the MC2000 programming or config mode?

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”