XTVA Woes

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

XTVA Woes

Post by NSPD »

Got a new to me XTVA (NTN8560B) this evening and have been playing around with it with a couple of different radios, a UHF XTS3000 Model III (Host 7, DSP 8) and an 800mhz XTS5000 Model III (Host/DSP 15).

Initially with the XTS3000, the display would transfer over to the XTVA and the XTS would show "Remote", but I could get no response to any button presses on the HHCH. After programming the HHCH options in the CPS, the top, side, and numeric keypad buttons on the HHCH work, but not the menu or navigational buttons. I assume this is due to the XTS not having the proper coding in the codeplug to operate the HHCH, but is there anything I can do to make this work?

I popped in the XTS5000 and it powers the XTVA up and the display transfers over, but as soon as I try to scroll through channels or select a zone, the radio starts to cycle through the channels or zones continuously, and it will not stop until I remove the radio from the XTVA and turn it off.

Any ideas on this stuff?
Jake
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: XTVA Woes

Post by FireCpt809 »

sounds more like a bad HHCH
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

What is the part number on the HHCH. I can review the s-record on the 3000 and see if it is missing anything.

Jason
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

The HHCH is a PLN7737B.

Since last night, I have popped the 800mhz radio into the XTVA and gotten it to behave normally and I believe that both the 800mhz radio and the XTVA are functioning the way that they should be. This is a used XTVA and the HHCH is a bit dirty so perhaps one of the buttons was sticking.

I have done quite a bit of research on this topic between last night and today and everything I have points to the UHF radio not being set up for the XTVA.
Jake
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

I can tell by looking at the s-record if it has the required setup for the hhch.

Jason

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”