Extracting Jedi's side connector from its housing

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ttatoto
New User

Extracting Jedi's side connector from its housing

Post by ttatoto »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and my English is not good, so forgive me if I had done something wrong.

I'm trying to recase my Jedi inventories including HT1000 and MT2000. Housings have been bought online from suppliers in China which don't come with side connector. Has anybody have experience(s) in extracting Jedi's side connectors from old housings?

Thanks,
fineshot1

Re: Extracting Jedi's side connector from its housing

Post by fineshot1 »

Part of the connector is part of the housing.

The other part is part of the flex ribbon
fineshot1
NJ USA
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

As mentioned the housing and side contacts are an assembly and aren't sold seperately (by Motorola). I've seen housing and knob knockoffs on Ebay but folks here have reported poor fit on the housings and lack of needed parts. The plastic piece with the contacts is glued in and I've seperated a few over the years and also broke a few doing so. If you have a heat gun you might get lucky and the glue might give before the plastic does but no real procedure for removal.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

all the more reason to buy legit Motorola housings and not the turdy Chinese knock offs. FWIW the sealing integrity would be severely compromised even if you got the side connector out, it is sonically welded into the OEM housing.

OEM housings may not be cheap, but you get what you pay for.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

I have managed to successfully extract a few connectors from damaged housings for 'emergency' repairs.
Here's how they look after removal.
http://imageshack.com/a/img837/4286/h1wv.jpg
Will

Post by Will »

AEC wrote:I have managed to successfully extract a few connectors from damaged housings for 'emergency' repairs.
Here's how they look after removal.
http://imageshack.com/a/img837/4286/h1wv.jpg
Good job....
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

If anyone needs one to repair their broken connector, all I ask is you cover postage and padded envelope costs.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”