Looking For FEMA ICS Form 205 In The Same Format As XTS5000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

As posted above, I am looking for a FEMA Incident Radio Communications Plan (ICS 205). I have found a number of ICS 205s on-line, but they don't have all of the same columns as the Motorola XTS5000. For example, they list RF frequencies and PL/DPL/NAC, but they don't list bandwidth. In the alernative, does anybody know how to modify one of the existing forms? I have very little experience with Microsoft Excel, so I don't know how to add columns. Or are they called cells in Excel?
Jim202

Re: Looking For FEMA ICS Form 205 In The Same Format As XTS5

Post by Jim202 »

Jim1348 wrote:As posted above, I am looking for a FEMA Incident Radio Communications Plan (ICS 205). I have found a number of ICS 205s on-line, but they don't have all of the same columns as the Motorola XTS5000. For example, they list RF frequencies and PL/DPL/NAC, but they don't list bandwidth. In the alernative, does anybody know how to modify one of the existing forms? I have very little experience with Microsoft Excel, so I don't know how to add columns. Or are they called cells in Excel?

Excel is very easy to use depending on what version you have. I have chose to stick with the older office 2000 version because Microsoft software dummies changed the newer versions so much that they are no longer user friendly. You end up having to search too hard to fine the function your looking for that use to be on the top layer menu.

Anyway, my version lets me click on the column block at the top of the sheet with a left click. You then right click on the column and new window pops up. Click on the insert and it pops a new column in to the left of where you clicked originally. The same thing applies to rows. If you need to add a row, left click on the far left block where the row numbers are on the row below where you want to add on. Then right click, select insert and your done.

Excel is your friend. It has all sorts of features that you should learn. Maybe get one of those books for dummies and do some reading. That's how I learned all about Excel many years ago. It has formulas that can do all sorts of math for you. You can have it do adds, multiplication, dividing and all that good stuff. I use it on my expense sheet.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Jim
Jim1348

Post by Jim1348 »

Thank you for the reply. I sent this from work yesterday. We do have Excel on my work PC, but apparently IT has restricted some things. I got home last night and I was able to do what I wanted to do!
smokeybehr
What radios do you own?: Dozens. Want one? Email me.

Post by smokeybehr »

Everything is narrow band now, so unless it's a MURS channel, or something that isn't in the narrowband mandate, assume that it is a 2.5kHz deviation channel.
No, I will not fix your computer. Call back during NORMAL business hours.
KE7JFF
What radios do you own?: MX300 lunchbox

Post by KE7JFF »

....and your also supposed to indicate bandwidth as either W or N in the 205...
Mountain Wave Search & Rescue http://www.mwave.org
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”