MCS2000 Model 3 Conversion Codeplug

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W3AXL
What radios do you own?: an unhealthy amount of them

MCS2000 Model 3 Conversion Codeplug

Post by W3AXL »

Hi All, not sure if there's a better spot to post this.

I've got an MCS2000 Model 2 VHF, and an MCS2000 model 3 800. I'd like to do the ol' switcheroo and come out with a Model 3 VHF and Model 2 800. These are both dash-mount radios.

I've been told the easiest way to do the conversion is to find codeplugs for the radio you want to "make" and shove it in. This means I need to find a codeplug for the VHF 25W MCS2000 Model 3, which seems to be one of the rarest MCS's around. If anybody's got one, I would hugely appreciate it if you could read the codeplug and dump it somewhere for me. I've been hunting for a week now trying to find a codeplug and I've reached the end of my leads.

The specific model number of MCS I need is going to be M01KHN9PW5AN. Again if anybody's got one or knows someone who does, I'll be jumping for joy.

Unless there's another way to do this that is easier of course. Anybody sucessfully swapped control heads on the MCS series?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”