R1225 repeater knockdown?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fogster
What radios do you own?: XTS2500/5000, XPR7550/5550

R1225 repeater knockdown?

Post by fogster »

So I've been tinkering with an R1225 repeater, and looked to set up QCII knockdown.

First, to make sure I'm not just stupid: my understanding is that with "QCII Repeater Knockdown" checked, the repeater, upon receiving the specified QCII tones, will go into receive-only mode until I re-enable it with the same tones. The documentation was sparse.

I've set up a QCII system, put in a pair of tones, and assigned it to the mode the repeater is on. However, nothing happens when I transmit the tones. If I set my radio (an HT1250) up to transmit them with PL, the tones go through the repeater, but I have the R1225 set up to not require them and set up the 1250 to not send them on the Call Alert.

It's just using the internal controller, but I tried unmapping an external input that was vacant but ostensibly mapped to repeater knockdown. No difference. I also set the "Rpt Enable" button on the front control panel to "Null" to make sure it wasn't conflicting. Knockdown with tones still doesn't work.

I'm not sure how to debug further. My totally baseless theory is that either the repeater or the radio are a bit off on tones, but short of magically guessing the offset, I'm not sure how else to debug it.

Searching the boards, I found someone who had the same issue 9 years ago, but no response: http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... wn#p299055

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”