Motorola Virtual Control Head Info...

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Motorola Virtual Control Head Info...

Post by JAYMZ »

Ladies and gentlemen…. For your viewing pleasure… the Motorola Virtual Control Head.

First a little back story…. A long time ago in a galaxy far far away….

JMR and I had been speaking on and off for a while about computer control lights sirens and radios. I had played around with his computer control program that I believe he has shared with a few others here as well. I have sent him some developers software that could be interfaced with a PLC to control his lights and such.

So the other day we were talking and he asked me if I knew about the Virtual Control Head… Of course being as naive as I can be some times I said no. In turn I got a link for the MW520 site on Motorola’s website. And what was there for my downloading (free for the taking too…) but the Virtual control head software. After downloading the software and installing it on several computers he went on to explain some of the features and hardware requirements. Pretty much all that is needed for a single radio set-up is your standard programming set-up. I had toyed with it during the day yesterday (instead of errands, oh darn) and didn’t get very far because of a few errors encountered. Jason was around so in speaking to him he helped troubleshoot the application. It was then determined that I had never set the program up properly for my Astro Spectra W9(silly me) and proceeded to do so. Pulled the car up by the house ran some cabling out to the car and presto chango I was controlling my W9 from the comforts of my office on the computer.

Now here is how it works….

Install the software on the computer.
Set up in the Profiler for the radio you are using (default is Astro W9, I had changed it like a putz)
Note: For the purposes of this experiment I used my W9 initially and then an A9 on my desk for further tinkering.
Once you set up your radio and control head buttons. Limited but you can set up by the mapping shown in the admin info PDF
Hook your programming equipment to your com port (com1 in my case) and hook to the programming port on the radio (again in my case it was the 2nd db25 on the Spectra trunk unit.)
Make sure everything it powered up and ready and fire up the application.

Now Motorola’s site has a lot of the info on this but here is a quick rundown and some screen shots.

Works with Astro Spectra W4/5/7/9, Analog Spectra A4/5/7/9 and MCS2000 Model 1/2/3
You can run up to 4 radios at once with all the equipment options available. Each selectable on the vRCH.

You’ll get 6 essential buttons, generally Mode up Mode down, Volume up and down, home, scan… etc.
Then you’ll have 5 extended buttons. There are a few stock choices then you’ll get something like M209. That number corresponds to a button on the control head. Whatever you have that button programmed for is what it’ll do. You can put an alpha tag to it once you set it. The W9 so far as we’ve seen has the most available options for your button mapping. The A9 is by far the worst, only a few options without getting to use other control head buttons.

Now, you’ll also notice that the analog spectra you have to designate your mode text no matter what control head you are using. This is nice in one respect because you’ll get 14 characters upper and lower case to play with. Otherwise it’ll display Mode 1, Mode 2 and so on. The Astro radios provide the mode text to the vRCH. Not a big deal in my opinion because that’s how many characters you would’ve had if you use the normal control head. Functionality over looks anyday for me.

So you’ve got the program running and you want to use your radio. You’ll need the control head hooked up still but you can hide that away somewhere but leave access to get to your microphones and speakers. Those are still required in this configuration. But how you would take care of the microphones can be another topic all together. Extend the cabling.. mic switches… etc.

The pages and screen shots…

vRCH page on Motorola’s site(that’s where you get the program): http://mw520.motorola.com/MW520/VRCH/VRCH.html

And the screen shots of my experimentations (please excuse them I am far from a professional photographer): http://www.kc2kit.com/vrch.html
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Do we have part numbers and price for the minrib and the 4 port box? I have 2 A7's and 1 W9 that I wouldn't mind hooking up one day
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

PJ -

From reading the website:

FLN9577
- Edgeport/4 USB-RS232 Converter
- 5 meter USB cable
- Mounting Bracket
- Plastic Pads

It lists on MOL for (hope your sitting down) $461!

I think the plastic pad's account for $400 of the cost. I'm sure looking under the right online rock you'll find that - and you won't need anything special to address the 4 radios.

You can buy "miniribs" off of ebay, but keep in mind, the'll have issues programming radios that require actual rib's - the spectra for example won't program using one as my roommate found out.

I doubt there's anything special beyond that.

-Alex
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Alex,

That is just for the USB to 4 serial port converter. If you have 2 serial ports you can buy the interface kits from Motorola at $244 a peice or use regular RIBs. Someone else suggested last night about looking into the Polaris mini RIBs. I don't know how much they are but memory serves me the larger versions were only $150 or so.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Right Right...

I was trying to get at what you ment - you use the USB -> serial converter for extra commports for which you do not possess.... So if you have 4 of them already, your already in business! (and then 1 rib per port!)

I haven't looked at Polaris's little ribs - but the ones i'm talking about fit in a DB25 to DB9 casing, so they are quite small and out of the way.

-Alex
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

I have a regular RIB and one that I borrowed as well. I had 2 radios hooked up for a short time last night and I have them running now as well. I'll include a screen shot down below.

BUT.... I had another thought.

Looking at the Spectra service manual and going off the powering jumper that had been discussed (and I have used successfully on all spectras except the A9 head from programming) couldn't you pull the microphone and speaker leads off the main db25 connector?

Although not seeing much on the manual at the moment in theory couldn't it be done?

Doing that you could have yourself one wicked base set-up OR even use it without the control head in a mobile application.

Anyway. A screen shot of the what a dual radio looks like.

JAYMZ

Calvin
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

The Edgeport4 USB to 4 serial port converter is the one "approved" by Motorola. It costs $200+ retail but I got a brand new one from ebay for $39 shipped. They are on ebay regularly.

The mini-rib is motorola part number FLN2870A. I am checking on pricing. It isn't coming up on MOL though.

Here are some pics of it:

Jason
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

The Mini RIB, FLN2870A, is $108 list on MOL. $73 dealer cost. Shhh... don't tell anyone I put NSO on here....
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

I've tried this setup out and it works nicely.

The analog spectra will also provide mode names to the VRCH screen, no need to edit them unless you want longer mode names.

Its nifty - I was telling Jaymz this would make a nifty virtual centra-com type setup for a base installation.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

apco25 wrote:I've tried this setup out and it works nicely.

The analog spectra will also provide mode names to the VRCH screen, no need to edit them unless you want longer mode names.

Its nifty - I was telling Jaymz this would make a nifty virtual centra-com type setup for a base installation.
Yeah, that would be cool. Moble Centracom gold elite - though, that would add another factor of cool.

Anyone want to play with a serial sniffer and build a setup like that? heh.

The analog spectra A4/5/7 shouldn't need names - they are stored locally. However, the A9's are "mapped" into the control head - so the radio never sends the names to the head - just the mode numbers to change to. The head matches them up.

-Alex

(oh! That $73 is quite affordable. Motorola should offer discounts to everyone. That way they can always make it look like your getting a deal!)
jcobb

Post by jcobb »

Jaymz

Being a 'puter troglodyte, let me axe you some questions:

- With multiple radios, do you get a "screen" control head for each radio? For example - 4 radios with a control head in each quadrant of the puter screen?

- With multiple radios, do you get audio (speaker) from each one? (I'm guessing YES cuz you have to have each speaker separate).

Looks interesting - but I would hate to get "blue-screened" on a search.......

Jack

nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this. Press the MDC Emergency Button and bang

THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION AND MUST BE SHUT DOWN.

Or Worse

NOT READY READING RADIO A7
Abort? Retry? Fail?
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Matt

I have issues also with the computer locking up and so forth but this application supplements the original radio control head, it does NOT replace it. The radio can still be controlled via the normal control head so one could put it in a "not so nice" place but still have access to it.

Jason
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

jcobb wrote:- With multiple radios, do you get a "screen" control head for each radio? For example - 4 radios with a control head in each quadrant of the puter screen?
All radios are controlled on the single computer control head. You select the radio by the buttons above the control buttons. (in the picture it says A9 and A7)
jcobb wrote:- With multiple radios, do you get audio (speaker) from each one? (I'm guessing YES cuz you have to have each speaker separate).

You'll need to have your control head handy for the speakers and microphones. But each radio would still have it's own speaker and microphone. I had a thought this morning about pulling the pins right off the DB25 for mic and speaker but that won't work. Needs the control head. (I should stop thinking before coffee...never any good)

And for those that worry about computer errors.... from what I can tell the vRCH only uses about 10% - 15% of total resources when running.
JAYMZ

Calvin
n3obl

Post by n3obl »

Can the minirib replace the 4008 rib unit.

Frank N3OBL
FF/EMT
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Each radio needs it's own RIB and cable to the USB converter, correct?

That /\/\ DB-25 minirib is what is used at the end of the USB to serial converter, right?

So for 1 A9 spectra, could I use the esisting serial port on a laptop in the car, or so I have to go in th USB port?
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

From what I understand from talking to James and JMR at length off the board:

You can use a standard RIB - see James's photo's.

The USB adapter has a box that allows you to have 4 db9 serial connections. You can then hook 4 ribs into the ports (or a cell phone, rib, gps, and a modem maybe - for example), and have each item addressable on your serial bus. if you have 2 ports on your laptop, and you have 2 radios - then you don't need the USB adapter. It does NOTHING special besides replicate more ports for you to use. The software seems to address the stuff without issue if the ports are created in this fashion.

I'll test out the SmartRIB and a clone box with this system if I can tonight. Should be pretty cool :)

OH:

DO NOT USE THE USB ADAPTER TO PROGRAM THE RADIOS THAT ARE ATTACHED TO IT!

-Alex
Last edited by alex on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jcobb

Post by jcobb »

JAYMZ

And that's what YOU look like before the morning java??

Hehehehehe

Jack

JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

n3obl,

The mini rib will program some radios. I beleive Alex had mention at some point that it won't program a spectra radio. I beleive he or someone near him had tested it.

If you are only hooking up 1 radio all you need is a RIB and cables to go from the serial port to the 2nd DB25 or the DB15 on the rear of the mid power units. The USB to serial converter is only if you are going to use more than one radio, each radio would need it's own RIB/cable set-up. For example. If you put 3 Spectras onto this.. (pick your flavors and bands...) each radio would need a mini RIB (or regular RIB if you so choose) and cables. The computer end of the cables would plug into the 4 port USB -> Serial converter. The Converter would then be plugged into your computer where you would configure the vRCH to accept each radio. Then all 3 radios would be run off the one Virtual Head (geesh..sounds dirty) with the buttons to select the radios.

Hope that clears a few things up.

FYI.. as far as software and the ins and outs Jason would know more about it than I would. I was the guinea pig for the physical configurations.

Jack,

Yes that is what I look like before java.... scarey huh...

Alex,

I tried a clone RIB this morning running the 2 radios... worked fine. It was a no name that I borrowed from someone.
JAYMZ

Calvin
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Ok... Since I bet there are a few people wondering.....

Here's a pic with Jason's Computer control program and the vRCH...

I dedicate this to all you whackers out there.... :P

JAYMZ

Calvin

Post by 007 »

This post has been deleted.......the author is a moron :D

See post below
Last edited by 007 on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 007 »

This program is sweet!

The window looks huge on my 19" monitor!! Should be better in the car.

Thanks for the info you guys!
Code3Response
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by Code3Response »

Oh man :) This program should work sweet on the 11" touchscreen Im putting in my Tahoe. Itll run on XP pro right? Also JMR do you have a link to the program I can download from you? Or buy from you or something? Oh - I like the part of /\/\'s site saying "vRCH is a free of charge software and only operational on MW520 workstations."

Funny :)
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Matt,

Go to the link I provided above and download the software right from there.

According to the read me file it will work on:

3. Software Requirements
-------------------------------
Windows operating system from the following version:
- Windows 98 ©
- Windows NT © (service pack 3 or higher)
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
- Windows XP

Enjoy!!

PS try this link.. http://mw520.motorola.com/MW520/VRCH/Ap ... .3.5.1.zip
JAYMZ

Calvin
Code3Response
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by Code3Response »

Ya Jaymz - I had already downloaded it - I just thought it was really funny how they tried to play their cards as if it would only work with their system :) Program is awesome! Will it only work with the MCS and Spectra Series?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

This program did only work on the MW520. Then Motorola came out with the MW800 and their laptops. Since it is advertised as only for the MW520 and MW800 now I can only assume they had to take out the part of the application that prevented it from installing on anything but a MW520. So we are lucky it works on any computer. If they read this thread there may be an updated version that works only on the Motorola computers.

Jason
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Now why is it that the program apparently only works on the Spectra and MCS2000 radios, but all of their graphics show a CDM1550?

Are the monkeys spreading to the graphics department, or is this a hint of a version soon to come?

Hmmm...
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

dude... i have 2 1550s and a mcs to run... if they tie in the 1550s... i might be selling a kidney to buy this stuff!!!!!

-werdnuts

Post by 007 »

Jamyz-

How did you get the window to be dark like that??? Is it the camera or did I miss something in the setup?
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

right click and choose the night mode
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

Does anyone know the pinouts for the y cable and such (for the MCS)? Y-Cable (FKN 4929)

Or is it just a straight-through cable?

Thanks!

-werdnuts

Post by 007 »

This is too damn cool.....it's about time we can do something cool with our /\/\'s that cost way too much! Jaymz and Jason, you both ROCK for bringing this to our attention. I just hooked up my A9 Vhf Spectra the PIII desktop, and it works like a champ.

Operational notes with using 1 radio:

1: The default config has the EMER button. If I hit it, it locks my siren on airhorn until the AR HN dek button is pushed...if the VCH EMER button is disabled (i.e. not a button) no interactions occur between the VCH and the siren.

2: If you adjust the squelch on the real control head, the VCH shows "SQL x" until a zone or mode button is pushed. Minor issue, no operation problem.

3: No PTT or RX indicate......I'm not getting picky here, but red/yellow lights on the VCH would be nice...that data should be made available.

4: No A9 scan control......must be since the A9/sys9000 control head "does it's own thing" and doesn't get the mode data from the radio, since it is already programmed into the head.

5: Be sure to configure the "hot key" for bringing the VCH window up and down...One-touch VCH from the keyboard! It is a neccesary thing to have since there is no adjustment to the VCH window other than size.

All in all, for the mobile operator with a "MW520" in their car, it is a functional tool. I'm going mobile with it.
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Werdnuts..

I am currently working on picking up some of the bits and peices that would require this to work in a mobile application. From there I was going to put up any schematics that come with the equipment and I was going to try and pin out the cables to see what is so special about any of them.

For the most part they all seem to follow the programming cable schematics. But can't be sure until we take em apart....

I plan on installing this set-up in my car for a 2 week test run to see how quirky it is and (in my case) what the best configuration would be. FWIW the radios would be an Astro W9 and a Spectra A7... so we'll see. First step is to gather the cables. For research purposes I will take loans or donations if anybody has any of these items.

With a lot of the default information you'll have to configure it before you run it. I've tried several different configurations with my radios to see what works best but it'll take the mobile application for everyday use in order to figure out what you will need and what won't be needed.

A downside of this is that they don't give us W9 users enough buttons for the options programmed into the control head. Who knows maybe there could be a change down the road to fix that.

Another thing I noticed about the A9 is the vRuCH tells you nothing of what is going on with the control head. Doesn't show the scanned channels doesn't give any indication of anything.

Something I did notice as well in the Profiler is some buttons will give you a second text definition for the button but not on others. H/L will have a second one that says H/L ON.. I was able to put one in for DIR and DIR ON in one case but not in others. It would be a nice little improvement to be able to completely customize the buttons. Very strange which buttons will do that and which ones won't....

So with that see ya on the road.....
JAYMZ

Calvin
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Personally, I'd like to see an exact representation of the actual control head in the software. I understand for the point of touchscreen's it might not work well, but maybe even a cetracom gold elite kinda setup. There's really no reason why a lot of the features can't be easily incorporated - they obviously have the tough stuff done - the interfacing.

I don't see why they couldn't create something that allows you to design your stuff. Infact, I wonder if they used visual basic or some crap like that to design the software :)

-Alex
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Alex,

Either Visual Basic or a HOST of other types of software. There are tons of it out there. I personally like Wonderwear (not Underrooos) very nice program with only a few limitations. It allows you to create a program and control a PLC with Ethernet. :lol:

But anyway.. Only way that the software gets changed is if there is a demand for it. The reason this software hasn't taken off is because it is in some respects very stiff as far as it's flexibility. I'm sure if they created a nice healthy mix of all the control heads they can and then make it so you select the control head you want to use it will make a certain amount of buttons available to you. When switching to a different radio only buttons pertaining to that radio will be available.

Keep in mind that this is only an early version of the software. I'm sure as it "grows up" it'll stretch it's proverbial legs and start to walk a little more. Software development takes time, patience and an open mind. This is a cool piece of software... it still has room to grow. Hopefully there is enough interest in it to help keep it growing.
JAYMZ

Calvin

Post by 007 »

I've got a configuration that works good for the way I have my A9 set up....should be easy to operate in the car. I just miss having scan on/off and DVP on/off on the VCH.

I did edit the button names to mimic the real CH, such as "VOL UP" and "VOL DOWN", same thing with mode and zone. I did change the A9 Monitor button to say "MONITOR ON" and "MONITOR OFF". It is pretty cool that both heads mimic each other when a VCH supported button is pressed on either CH.

We are trying to intergrate 800 MCS mobiles into already gizmo-overloaded cruisers for secondary county usage. This VCH may be the solution. I'm very interested in how the MCS model II and III wiring will go. If scan is supported for MCS, then we could run the radios from the CF-28's, adn put the radios in an outof the way, yet accessible location.
clavo
Worse than Cowthief

password

Post by clavo »

Profiler password? What is it? Is there a default?
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

clavo,

motorola - is default. it is the thing that lets you set up radio, type, buttons etc.
Cat_Herder

Post by Cat_Herder »

Nice...REALLY nice!!
I've been putzing around with a VB program that sends a string of data via the SB9600 bus to prevent the radio (MCS2K) from doing a reset, and attaching an embedded controller head for control purposes...but...this beats all...gonna have some fun 'spearmentin'...
Cat
"...No Matter where you go...There you are..."
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Hmmm...

Cat Hurder...

You have any information on the checksum algorithm used in the SB9600 protocol?

let me know...

-Alex
kb9rre

VRCH

Post by kb9rre »

HAS ANY ONE EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS USING NON MOTOROLA RIB LIKE THE ONES ARE ON EBAY ALL THE TIME
No greater love than this, that a man lays down his life for a friend.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

HAS ANY ONE EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS USING NON MOTOROLA RIB LIKE THE ONES ARE ON EBAY ALL THE TIME
Well, IIRC, there are a number of RIB's being sold on ebay, so please, provide some more detail.

Additionally, take the time to locate your caps lock key, and press it once before replying :).

-Alex
ricciticcitembo

Post by ricciticcitembo »

Well as a matter of fact YEAH. They can and DO cause a problem.
DUH.

Take for example the ever popular 2WayProgrammingdotcom one,
It for example, lacks the necessary balanced BUS + / - Signals.

Only one is present, and I guess it programs Spectras and X9000's
by some sort of magic or something.

Or causes Fail 01/82 etc. depending on how you look at it.

This has been discussed at length here several times, and I'm not
going to bother to look it up, but suffice it to say again, that YES,
with missing lines on a RIB, then YES you very well might have a
problem programming a Spectra or other radio that NEEDS all the
proper signals to work. Why on earth would you think a supposed
RIB, lacking any Transistors, or ANY of the parts in a REAL RIB, would work at all?
I don't know. But I see a lot of busted Spectras on the Batboard,
I know that much.....most programmed with fake ribs on a Pendulum 5000.

So Again Please use a Factory Rib, and the correct computer that
matches your 1989 Software to Program your 1989 Radio.

Only if you are a Genius, should you ever deviate from that.

Being Poor, is NOT an excuse, and It will cost you more in the long
run, especially if your programming Hi Tier Radios.

It just Cracks me the he!! up when people ask how to Program
an Astro Spectra with a Polaris they just bought with a Fake Cable
off of Ebay.

To each his own, This only reflects My Opinion, and this issue of
Missing Data lines on Fake Ribs, and Incorrect Voltage Levels has
been discussed a Million times already, and thats the reason for
my lack of humor on this one.

Dave
Cowthief
Fail 01/90

Data radios.

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

Really neat.
I had started into spectras when I got a MDT, and the data radio is a spectra, the MDT, a 9100-386, runs whatever software, RSS as well.
The maximum amount of ram is 16 Megs for a -386, but it is slow enough for programming with DOCMA, or /\/\, if you prefer.
Again, I am impressed.
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Well I finished the test run the other day running my astro W9 from a laptop installed in the car. I used a regular Motorola programming set-up to run it with my RIB and cables.

The program worked very very nicely. Some bugs that have been noted with some experimentation by Jason and myself. Note this if for an astro spectra and may not be the same for all radios

- When you start the vRCH hooked to the radio it will default the radio volume to zero

- If the laptop crashes or stops responding it LOCKS the radio up. My laptop roled over and died on me one day. When that happened the radio rebooted and gave me a Fl 01/82 Error. I reprogrammed the radio and it worked fine. (whew)

- Scanning is slow to respond with the vRCH hooked up.

- When using a clone RIB it would work for an Analog Spectra but NOT the astro Spectra. Probably for the reasons that Ricci mentioned.

- You have to manually change the daytime/nighttime feature. I would rather see it change automatically with a timer or clock setting.

If anyone else has done any experimentation please post your results.
JAYMZ

Calvin
kb9rre

rib

Post by kb9rre »

thats what i figured
radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

Post by radioinstl »

Couple questions...

1. if you are have a spectra or astro spectra with siren, and have the siren programmed to the buttons on the control head, can you then turn on the siren from the VRCH?

2. lets say you have an astro spectra and have a remote mic ( like a mic mounted on your visor , like from a cell phone) can you use lab or depot software to assign PTT to a button on the control head to allow u to transmit from VRCH and not need a standard mic?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Regarding #1. I can tell you for sure that if you have an A9 spectra you can NOT control the siren. If you have a W9 Astro you CAN!!!!! The astros let you control exactly what certain buttons on the control head are programmed for. The spectra doesn't always do this.

Regarding #2. I have no idea. I don't have astro lab.
Paul
What radios do you own?: You can't imagine!...

Post by Paul »

That much interest in a virtual head? can't beleive it!
Last year we started developing a virtual head for the Jedi & GM300 (Pro?)series, but since we changed our project specs (we were developing a dispatch application for taxi co's running on PC's) our virtual head remained half-done.
Right now you can read the radio display but no button functionality.
I think I should dig in my archives and revive the forgotten head...
kb9rre

vrch

Post by kb9rre »

good idea

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”