Help-No PL being transmitted

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KD6SRI

Help-No PL being transmitted

Post by KD6SRI »

Well, I finally did it. I got one of my Spectras on 900. It locks up where I need it. The only problem is it does not seem to be transmitting a PL.

I go into CONVENTIONAL MODE CONFIGURATION, and set the Tx SQUELCH TYPE to TPL, then Tx CODE to 103.5 (1A). (Then I save and send data to radio, of course.) I then set another receiver to decode 103.5 and key up the Spectra. The Spectra transmits, but it does not open the Coded Squelch. I also tried it on a local repeater and it is not bringing up the repeater (which requires a 103.5 PL).

Any help would be appreciated!

KD6SRI
kd6kml

Try this

Post by kd6kml »

Program the radio for the RF freqs you want in your "ham" rss and program the radio.

Then, read the radio in normal rss and put in the PL info. and program the codeplug. Do not change the rf data or you will get the out of band message. Just program the PL, and enable talkaround if desired (the proper ham channel will show, even in "normal" rss).

I now this sounds strange, but try it...

Josh
KD6SRI

Post by KD6SRI »

:o Wow, it worked! Thanks!
kd6kml

Glad it worked for you!

Post by kd6kml »

You probably thought I was crazy when you read that!

I have not had the problem with all models, just some of them.

It really is a strange one....

JOSH

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”