GE Ericsson LPE-200

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jts203

GE Ericsson LPE-200

Post by jts203 »

Sorry for the Non-Motorola question, but there are a lot of experts on this board. I was programming an LPE-200 Edacs radio with Edacs 4 Windows Software and the computer crashed in the middle of it. The radio now turns on in what appears to be the program mode [all segments on the display light up], but does nothing. I cannot read or write to it, and the radio does not self-test, the error coming up is "Invalid Radio Id" on the software when trying to program it. Thanks for any help.

John
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

Hi JTS,

Wow, that's really rough. I have never seen that problem. In theory, I do know how to fix it however.

I hope you had a backup of your Tracking Data, Feature Encryption, Flashcode and ADI/DSP file.

I have heard of radios being recovered using ProGrammer. Supposedly ProGrammer comes with a tool called "Radio Maintenance". Maybe EDACS4 has a similar tool?

The concept is that Radio Maintenance has a "Recovery Mode" for exactly this purpose. It will systematically try to repair your radio, but you do require copies of the above files that I mentioned. To get into Recovery mode you would open Radio Maintenance. Then look under the LPE section. There will be a button marked "Recovery".

Hopefully this information gives you something to start with. As I said, I have never seen this done. In theory, that is what you would need to do.

Cheers,
SD.
jts203

LPE-200 Programming Problem

Post by jts203 »

That did it, SD. It worked exactly as you described and I did have the files saved. Always save files!!! I owe you a steak dinner - send me your e-mail and address. Thanks again.

John
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

Hey JTS,

That's AWESOME! I'm glad that it worked. I'm always pleased to help out a fellow Batlab user ;-)

Cheers,
SD.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”