Motorola Command Plus Consel

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

STX 821

Motorola Command Plus Consel

Post by STX 821 »

Hi all...i was recently at a Yard Sale and i saw the most beautiful peice of Equipment i have ever set my eyes on...

It is a Motorola Command plus Consel...i have never seen one or even used one...i bought it from this Older women whom's husband had just passed...(he was a radio buff)
i bought it for $275.00!!!!
i wanted to know what i can do with this?...i was told i can use it as a Dispatch Consel?

But how do i do that?

Does it need to be hooked up to a Repeater?
or a Base radio?
it has alot of buttons and 6 cards with it...Some kind of DC Remote Signaling she said?

I am not that good with this kinda stuff...so if anyone can help me please do...i want to use this thing for my Repeater?
Why Settle for the best when there is better?
STX 821

Post by STX 821 »

*Bump*
I also Should have mentioned this Earlier..i have a Ericsson C3 Maestro Dispatch thing ( I don't know what the he$$ it is for?...but it is a Controller i belive of some type..will this work with the Command Plus?
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

C3 maestro console would be for an EDACS system and NOT compatible.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

STX.....Please check your e-mail....Thanks, Rob
STX 821

Post by STX 821 »

Damn that sucks...so what can i do with the C3?..i do not think i need it...they told me it was for a VHF Radio system...i guess i was fooled...but i only spent $99.00 on it off ebay...but just let me know what you think i can do with it?

and also...the Command plus is in the shop for anyone interested in it...i do not have it in my posession...

it needed a new LCD and a DC Tone board...so i will not have it for until December like the 2nd week of december...i have not the $$$ with all the
X-mas shopping to pay for it right now so they are holding it for me until i pay for the service..but i am Accepting trades for it..

i am open to GP350's VHF or UHF 16 channels MUST HAVE MDC 1200...or any radios i am entertaining trades on...please email me or PM me with offers.
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

the C3 is good for any EDACS system - doesn't matter the band. Just what part of the C3 is it? Server sized PC tower or is it a 19inch rack panel?
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
Julian

Post by Julian »

Well, prior to operation of your newfound treasure, the 1st step is to master the correct spelling of "console".
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean I...-

"Yesstirdaye I cuddn't spell teknishion, and now I is won!"

"800MHZ sucks range is a joke
UHF has range but VHF has more". - the greatest technician of all time, Astro_Saber.
EKLB
Gone...as per his request

Post by EKLB »

Anyone interested in the Motorola CommandPlus Desktop Console radio service software instruction booklet?

Part number 68-80309E42-A

I aquired this book with several others and do not need it.

EKLB
STX 821

Post by STX 821 »

this is all the info i could find on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dllVie ... 11175&rd=1

but i am not totally sure what i can do with this yet...so make me an offer if interested in it.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”