Adjusting MRTI path gain on MTR2000

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HumHead

Adjusting MRTI path gain on MTR2000

Post by HumHead »

Does anyone know how to tweak the gain on the MRTI audio input path on an MTR2000? The manual indicated that it shares the local mic audio path, but I can't figure out how to adjust either.

Thanks!
Will

Post by Will »

It may be a lot easier to "jack up" the TX level comming out of the Marti.
My Marti manual is out on loan to Scanner Dan so I can't look it up .
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Thanks Will.

I'm afraid that I had to walk away from this one for a while, (After disovering that an entire corner of my house needed an emergency rebuild :evil: )

First things first: I'm not actually running a MRTI here. I'm using the MRTI port to return audio from a CDM750 via an i750r (for MDC generation)

Here are some things that I have thought about / considered / discovered on this one, so far:

1) The repeater is running narrow band, with companding enabled (it has to be enabled on the repeater because the link channel is wide-band). I don't know if the companding is throwing off the audio. The field radios, running through a Zetron 38 on the aux. audio path, sound great with the companding, and have plenty of level.

2) I am using pin 1 on the J7 MRTI connector to return the audio, and pin 2 for PTT in.

3) I metered pin 1 on J7, and found a +2.2VDC voltage on pin 1. Time for a blocking capacitor?

4) I'm seeing .2V P-P out of the CDM750on pin 11, when fed with 1KHZ tone at 60% deviation. Is this a normal level?

5) I currently have the i750r set for unity gain. If I crank it up to +12dB, I start to get some (but not enough) level, but the audio sounds like :o , and seems to overload and drop out with actual TX audio instead of tone.

6) Being a good little audio type, and worthy of my HumHead handle, I only have one signal ground going to the MTR. Does the MRTI connector require a separate ground for any reason?

I think my next step will be a blocking capacitor on the audio line, but I am wide open to suggestions, thoughts, and input.

Thanks!!

:)

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”