Ctech interface box

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

leo doherty

Ctech interface box

Post by leo doherty »

Hi Guys, anyone have any info on the availability of the Ctech interface box commonly used with Genesis EZID or Genwatch software? Iwas told they are not available....anyone have a circuit to build your own or a proven alternative that will listen to Smartnet control channel audio and convert it to RS232. I know I can use an MCS2000 and rim II , but I need a cheaper alternative,

Leo
leod@crosscom.com.au
Jim202

Re: Ctech interface box

Post by Jim202 »

If you go to the http://www.trunkedradio.net and go to the interfaces. You should find a circuit called a data slicer. It takes the audio out of a radio discriminator and changes it into RS232 that your computer can use.

You may have to play with the bias resistor to get the opamp to work due to lower audio levels that may be available in different radios. It works good when you get it working.

They also have several programs there that you can download. Trunktracker has worked good for me in the past. It will give you the system ID, info on the individual units talking, the adjacent control channels to the site your listening to, the audio channels the control channel is sending conversations to and more.

You do have to get into different section of the program to see some of the information. It doesn't take long to map out a system that has any amount of traffic.

The same web site does have a bunch of info on many of the Motorola systems that are up and running.

Jim
Phil1820

Re: Ctech interface box

Post by Phil1820 »

Leo- We still sell the EzID. We're just trying to slow the sales. Contact us on your normal methods and we'll get one to you.
Phil

leo doherty wrote:Hi Guys, anyone have any info on the availability of the Ctech interface box commonly used with Genesis EZID or Genwatch software? Iwas told they are not available....anyone have a circuit to build your own or a proven alternative that will listen to Smartnet control channel audio and convert it to RS232. I know I can use an MCS2000 and rim II , but I need a cheaper alternative,

Leo
leod@crosscom.com.au
==============
Phil Burks
The Genesis Group
Motorola Trunking Solutions
==============

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”