Minitor IISV pager to alert over repeater

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rzq4x4

Minitor IISV pager to alert over repeater

Post by rzq4x4 »

What we (the local rescue squad) are looking for is a way to connect a minitor IISV pager to a kenwood repeater TKR-820. I had previously posted a message and got some suggestions to use a CDM-1250 with quick call. Unfortunatly due to budget restrictions I have a minitor IISV to work with and that's in no amp charger no nothing. Anybody have any ideas. The connection on the rear of the repeater needs the two audio connections (which are no problem) a ground (no problem) and the transmit connection that needs to be grounded from the minitor when it alerts and receives (that's the problem). If anyone has any ideas please let me know thanks. John
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

You keep saying "no problem" after every connection so what exactly IS the problem? Are you lookin for where to make these connection on the pager?
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
rzq4x4

Post by rzq4x4 »

The problem is making a circuit for or finding a point on the pager that goes to ground when the pager receives and alerts in order to trip the repeater into transmit.
Alan

Post by Alan »

What is the purpose of this?
Give us a bit more detail on what you are doing here.
If you find the output, it will only be active for the 3 seconds that the B tone is present. Is this what you are looking for? A 3-second output during the alert tone?
Are you just looking to pass the alert tone over the repeater, or are wanting something different?
rzq4x4

Post by rzq4x4 »

We need to simlcast the info going over the pager to another frequency at the same time. We want the alert tone and audio. We just need the pages played through the local repeater from the county fire dispatch. here is the old post if you need more info. http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=23572 . Thanks John

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”