MSF5000 Error Codes

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jerry

MSF5000 Error Codes

Post by Jerry »

Does anybody know where I can find a list of error codes for a MSF5000? The Model # is C74CXB7106BT. It has been given me two short beeps and shuts PA down. I have to reset power to bring it back up. So a list of error codes would help.
xmo

Post by xmo »

On a CXB station the 3 digit LED Status display on the SSCB should display an error code. The service manual contains over 20 pages of these codes. Post your specific code and someone will probably be able to interpret it for you.

If your PA is shutting down there is probably an SWR fault. In addition to external issues, the station's TX filters and circulator are prime suspects.
Doug
Batboard $upporter

Post by Doug »

Jerry,
As XMO stated there are 23 pages of error codes on the digital stations and there are 8 audible codes as well they are as follows:
1 beep = Battery revert alarm
2 = Pa alarm
3 = Synthesizer
4 = Overvoltage alarm (providing battery backup is used)
5 = TSTAT alarm (trunking stations)
6 = Reflected power alarm
7 = Forward power alarm
8 = Redundant station alarm
The tones should generate once every 10 seconds and if there are multiple alarms they will be sent 1 after the other with a 2 second pause in between and they will continue unit the problem is cured or the station gets reset.
There are serveral things that can cause your PA warning from alignment down to individule components.
Doug
May the Schwarz be with you.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”