Duplexer info needed

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KE9XB
was MARS

Duplexer info needed

Post by KE9XB »

I am in the process of repairing a repeater set for the 136-150 mhz spectrum. The duplexers that are in place are Motorola Model # TU312H. They seem to be bandpass filters as they don't provide notch when swept. Currently the isolation between the two frequencies (1.5 MHz apart) are about 45 db. When I measure the return loss, it only reads about -5db (about an SWR of 9:1).
Can anyone provide me with some information on these (a digital manual would be nice) so I can reaccomplish the harness and realign them?

MARS
xmo

Post by xmo »

"a digital manual would be nice"

Digital manual? I can't find any kind of manual! We're talking really old here. Like 30+ years. Most of my archives from that era have decomposed by now!

What I do have says that the TU312H is a VHF bandpass cavity covering 132-174 MHz. There were four different optional coupling loop kits: 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/3.0 db insertion loss with corresponding loaded Q of 650/1250/1750/2100/3100.

Your cavities may have been field configured as a duplexer or it is possible that Motorola had a duplex harness for them. I don't remember ever seeing the TU312 used as anything but a bandpass filter.

Tuning is just a matter of turning the knobs to move the rod up and down thereby adjusting the resonant frequency.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”