High Site Question

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

spareparts
Batboard $upporter

High Site Question

Post by spareparts »

I have permssion to put a remote base on a fairly tall building. DC control is not an option.

Is there a IP audio interface system that will work without geting into nosebleed pricing? I have run a traceroute to the site's external router & it's only 11 hops away. I'm fairly sure the QOS is adaquate.

The IT people there assure me they can nail down the radio's IP so it can only be accessed by the desired control points.
SlimBob

Re: High Site Question

Post by SlimBob »

spareparts wrote:I have permssion to put a remote base on a fairly tall building. DC control is not an option.

Is there a IP audio interface system that will work without geting into nosebleed pricing? I have run a traceroute to the site's external router & it's only 11 hops away. I'm fairly sure the QOS is adaquate.

The IT people there assure me they can nail down the radio's IP so it can only be accessed by the desired control points.
I wouldn't bet my operation on it.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”