MTX9250

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N9LLO

MTX9250

Post by N9LLO »

We are getting new MTX9250's soon. Has anyone looked at the software to see if we can also use these on the Ham bands?

Chris N9LLO
RadAct
What radios do you own?: Icom F3/F4, Icom A4, TK-760

Re: MTX9250

Post by RadAct »

oooppss
Last edited by RadAct on Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm in my own little world but, that's ok, they know me here"
Victor Xray

Re: MTX9250

Post by Victor Xray »

Chris, no the MTX9250 cannot be used in the ham band. See the numberous threads about the HT/CDM/MTX CPS not allowing out of band programming.
RadAct wrote:A ham friend of mine here in Las Vegas has just put up a 7 repeater linked system in our county and he uses a 9250 as his HT. This guy knows his stuff.
Whoa, hold on a second. Is he using his MTX9250 for ham use or only commercial? Because if your friend has REALLY modified an MTX9250 to go out-of-band and operate between 902-928MHz, he needs to pipe up here on Batlabs and describe in detail exactly how he hacked his CPS!
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

As it turns out they are useable and preform quite well on 900 ham

Chris
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

Here is the spec sheet for the MTX9250: http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/docs/mtx9 ... ochure.pdf

935-941MHz
N9LLO wrote:As it turns out they are useable and preform quite well on 900 ham
Sorry, but I call bullsh :o t on your statement unless you come forward with detailed instructions on how to hack the CPS for the HT/MTX/CDM series.

...Everyone's Waiting...
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

If any ham on the board needs their MTX9250 programmed with ham freqs email me

Chris
N9LLO@aol.com
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

N9LLO wrote:If any ham on the board needs their MTX9250 programmed with ham freqs email me

Chris
N9LLO@aol.com
Here we go with the "I got somthin' you don't got" crap...
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

MSS-Dave wrote: Here we go with the "I got somthin' you don't got" crap...

If anyone on the board (except the above [ Moderated ]) needs ham freqs
programmed in their MTX9250 email me.

Chris
N9LLO@aol.com

Moderated for Language Content

Monty
MSS-Dave

Post by MSS-Dave »

N9LLO wrote:
MSS-Dave wrote: Here we go with the "I got somthin' you don't got" crap...

If anyone on the board (except the above jerkoff) needs ham freqs
programmed in their MTX9250 email me.

Chris
N9LLO@aol.com
Just wanted to bump it ONE more time for you...if others haven't seen it yet. Wouldn't want to bother you otherwise... :roll:

Good Luck.

Dave
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

OK,
I have made direct email replies to all that have inquired so far except Kb8ryw. Your email bounced.

Chris
N9LLO
10-95
Fail 001 "Brain out of Lock"

Post by 10-95 »

Has anyone tried Hex editing the CPS??

Frank
KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Post by KG6EAQ »

Why doesn't the person that knows how SHARE it with the rest of us? Like all the information they have received from all the others that SHARED. There's no reason not to share the wealth on this one...
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
MSS-Dave

Post by MSS-Dave »

KG6EAQ wrote:Why doesn't the person that knows how SHARE it with the rest of us? Like all the information they have received from all the others that SHARED. There's no reason not to share the wealth on this one...
I think it's called attention. Everyone wants to hack CPS for all sorts of radios, if it's done on 9250, the others can't be far behind. I'm sure his inbox is stuffed with requests and comments. Share? I don't think he has it or if he does, he probably shouldn't.

This will probably just go away quietly in a week or so and we will still be doing Jedis, Spectras and GTXs. Sure a lot less expensive than $850 for 9250 :D
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

Dave,
Would you please just post a message asking me for the RSS so the Administrators could just ban your silly ass.

For the rest of you who could read and did email me, you have the info I can give you at this time as well as the offer to meet your programming needs in the near term. You that emailed me also have the rest of the story. More to come later as time permits.

Chris
N9LLO
MSS-Dave

Post by MSS-Dave »

N9LLO wrote:Dave,
Would you please just post a message asking me for the RSS so the Administrators could just ban your silly ass.

For the rest of you who could read and did email me, you have the info I can give you at this time as well as the offer to meet your programming needs in the near term. You that emailed me also have the rest of the story. More to come later as time permits.

Chris
N9LLO
OK, my last on the subject, program away. ALL of the RSS I have is legal, licensed and not swapped or given away. I'm sure all of yours is too. I personally don't hack but for those who do, hack away! That's YOUR business. You made it ours by posting publicly that you could do it whan no one else seems to be able to and you couldn't handle the comments when we called you on it.

That said, I don't need to ask for RSS, nor would I choose a public forum to post a "look what I can do with my RSS" when the way to do it is rather ambiguous and will draw attention. Those who got the e-mail referenced above with the "rest of the story" will understand where it's coming from. Hell, I'm sure everyone reading this silly crap have figured it out too.

Maybe you should offer your programming services on E-Bay so the admins and /\/\ can ban YOUR silly ass......jackoff (just to quote Chris' eloquent use of English... :o ). Go away and handle this off the board.

Dave

Admin....locked topic time? Please?
N9LLO

Post by N9LLO »

In spite of the unwarrented attacks by a couple of jerkoffs on the board
I will continue to help out rest of the folks here just as I always have. Only a child would see my original post as "look what I have and you dont"

I am trying to help out the amateur community by offering something that is not yet readily avaliable. Motorola has done a lot for the ham community over the years but with no official channels to support ham activities it is as always, a labor of love for those involved. My CPS license was very hard to get and cannot be comprimised along with my working relationships with the folks at Schaumburg in order to continue my endeavors both amateur and commercial. For the rest of you be patient and the fruit will follow.

Chris
N9LLO

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”