Spectra Consolette "side car" receive only second

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Richard

Spectra Consolette "side car" receive only second

Post by Richard »

I have a Spectra Type II 800 mhz DGT9000 remote only consolette base. It is equipped with a "side car" which is a half radio (similar to the receive only brick in a desktrac repeater). Apparrently it is used only for monitoring the trucking data on a specific talk group to display the ID's of the transmitting units on the DGT9000 desk sets. It appears to be mode slaved and is programmed the same as the main radio. It appears to not have any audio conections to the remote chassis.

I would like to use it as a mode slaved aux receiver....

Anyone out there have any experience with this?

This unit was originally sold to me as a "Spectra Desktrac Repeater"....which it is not as far as I can tell from Moto parts ID folks.

Help...thanks in advance
xmo

Post by xmo »

Richard

Spectra Consolette with "side car" aux receiver

Post by Richard »

Yes, in fact that is the one I bought. The seller is a great guy, bought lots of stuff from him in the past, but he really didn't seem to know this product. It will not function as a repeater as intended from the factory as he states in the ebay posting because none of the receive audio from the aux receiver seems to even leave the aux chassis....just ID data from the trunker/MDC1200. In fact I am not sure if the aux receiver even has an audio amp or line audio amp. Per Motorola this side car is strictly for driving the DGT9000's with the ID info from the radio user transmitting on what ever talkgroup is selected (seems to be mode slaved).

Need to know some modification tricks. I would like to use it either as a repeater (the aux receiver will not except the low side input freqs, RSS says "out of range"), or as an auxilliary mode slaved receiver.

Thanks in advance

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”