Motorola Advisor Elite alphapager - password breaker?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

chipjumper
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 for work

Motorola Advisor Elite alphapager - password breaker?

Post by chipjumper »

I am not looking for RSS (I already have access to a legally purchased/owned copy).

One of my co-workers purchase several Motorola Advisor Elite alphanumeric display pagers a while ago on eBay. Apparently there is a password on each pager (prompts for it immeadiately after reading the pager) and there are only a few tries left until it "time bombs".

Anyone have a password cracker or know how I can reset it? I have access to a genuine programmer with good RSS.

Last edited by chipjumper on Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chipjumper
Batboard $upporter

Post by chipjumper »

Ah yes, i totally forgot about cousin Yuri in the Kamchatka...I'm checking with him right now...
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

You most likely won't find a software that will bypass the password. The only way I know to bypass an Elite password is by changing the prom.

tpg
chipjumper
Batboard $upporter

Post by chipjumper »

ok...how do I change the prom?
The Pager Geek

Post by The Pager Geek »

The microprocessor is a :o, unless you have a hot air machine for SMT chips. Just replace it with a new micro, all is good!

tpg
Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

just happened to be doing a search here about another paging issue...
I found the link below...
That may get you where you want to be. If not on that page, within that site is LOTZ of info.

http://www.gadgettech.org/pager/passwd.html
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!
2wayguru
Banned

Post by 2wayguru »

what company are the pagers from? This will help when searching for the password on the internet..
The 2wayguru
Motorola Certified Service Technician, Mobile Data and Centracom Service Technician.
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

My understanding is that there is someway you can read the codeplug with a hex editor and find the password. I don't know the specifics of it, but perhaps this might lead you in the right direction.

There was someone on a mailing list who did this for me a while back. I e-mailed him the codeplugs on 2 Advisor Elites that were locked, then he e-mailed back the passwords and they worked.
Last edited by Johnny Galaga on Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Analog already is interoperable.

The Pager Geek

Post by The Pager Geek »

Yes, if you can read the pager to begin with. Most pager programming software requires a password before the pager is read. If you already have a codeplug, it is an encrypted password. Pretty simple to find... very limited ASCII characters in the data transfer. Look for the 10 character alphabet soup combination.

Let me know...

tpg
chipjumper
Batboard $upporter

Post by chipjumper »

interesting...if this helps, they are all labeled "Advanced Wireless".

That could be anywhere. I'll post a pic of the logo just in case someone could recognize. I figured its a widely used name since I know the owner of a communications retailer with the same name that has no affiliation. Also searched the net with no good results.

If the pager timebombs after being read past the first 7 (i think its seven), can it be saved? Pager dude - do you want me to send u one to play with (you can have it too).?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”