Recommendation For Equipment

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

henryg

Recommendation For Equipment

Post by henryg »

Hello. I am currently trying to set up a back-up dispatch console for my FD. I have a Zetron Model 25 that is rack mounted. It has never been hooked up. I was wondering should I interface this with a radio for a dispatch console, maximum of nine frequencies, or replace the Model 25 with a Zetron Model 4010?

It seems the 4010 does all I need to do plus other stuff. I need two-tone and Knox Box tones, MDC 1200 would be nice, but not essential.

Any thoughts, recommendations, comments would be appreciated. Thank you. Henry
kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Recommendation for equipment;

Post by kb4mdz »

The 4010 is a nice little console unit; I've installed a couple of them and they're fairly straightforward. Nine freqs. is a good level for the 4010. Any more & you would want to step up the chain of complexity to a 'big' console.

The Zetron Model 25 is just a paging encoder; you set up the each button with whatever paging tone sets you want and it encodes and sends them out; simplest is paging tones out and PTT contacts out; you can have it select relays to steer to different transmitters if needed. All programmable, either from front panel or via PC & serial port in back. You can even have RS232 port command it (say, from a CAD program) as to which button to 'push' (which is how the ones I deal with are done).

Chuk G.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”