Motorola GP339 Power Up Problems

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motorolaaustralia

Motorola GP339 Power Up Problems

Post by motorolaaustralia »

Hi
I have a Motorola GP339, which is an Australian Waris 5-Tone radio.

It has a problem where it will not power up correctly. Sometimes (very rarely) it will switch on as normal after a few attempts. All the other times when I switch on the power it flashes the backlight and nothing else happens. When I do get it to power up it works fine for as long as I want until I switch it off.

What makes it complicated is when it's connected to a RIB it powers on fine! It has had a flash upgrade to try and fix it and that didn't work.

I have ruled out mechanical faults (battery terminals, fuse, volume/power knob).

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Dom
tomprice
New User

Re: Motorola GP339 Power Up Problems

Post by tomprice »

I am having the exact same problem, I have a rather large codeplug with 29 Scan Channels and 187 Channels. I have posed this question to the Perth Motorola Premier Dealer but have not had a response as yet, I was wondering if you have found a solution or if anyone else out there has had the same problem and have found a solution for it.
motorolaaustralia

Re: Motorola GP339 Power Up Problems

Post by motorolaaustralia »

Hi

It was sent to Motorola under their fixed price repair scheme.

Came back with a whole new PCB. Basically a new radio.

Let me know if you want to do the same. PM me for details.

Thanks
Dom

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”