Online HT Dealers

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

az911rob

Online HT Dealers

Post by az911rob »

Hi, does anyone have a recommendation for an online dealer selling HT1550 radios? I want to use paypal or credit card for protection and need a brand new one.

Thanks for any advice.

Rob
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

I'm not sure that you can buy that radio online that way. Radios from the branded and Professional lines generally have to be bought from a full-line dealer. Are you located anywhere near one? If not, contact me off-board and I can sell you one.

Now Radius, you can buy Radius new from just about anyone.

Tony
Jim1348

Carolina Radio

Post by Jim1348 »

Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

Listen to Tony, full line "TRUE" Motorola Dealers are not allowed to price that radio online. The post above mine with the link that offers that radio is crazy. That dealer is not a professional dealer from Motorola thus that radio will be "two stepped", plus I have strong reason to believe that dealer is under close scrutiny from Motorola as well. Don't ask me how I know. Your best bet is to find a true full line dealer near you or ask any batlab members if they are dealers. We can offer you pricing but you have to solicit our business. Plus you can get a competitive price as well.
Will

Post by Will »

"dealer is not a professional dealer from Motorola thus that radio will be "two stepped", plus I have strong reason to believe that dealer is under close scrutiny from Motorola as well. "

I will second that (above qoute), and add a lot of so-called 'Motorola dealers' are under investigation for programming radios on freqs that no one has a license for.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

I was wondering about that fellow as well. I had bought parts a few years
ago from him and all went well. A year ago or so I had seen him selling export type radios on his website without any caveat of not selling them in the US. Believe Carl Robbins is the proprietor and used to do business out of North Carolina. Not inditing him in any way but I'm surprised he's still in business.
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

Thanks for the backup Will.....
SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

Post by SPVFD47 »

Carolina-Radio is out of Las Vegas, Nevada... We get parts and accessories from them but would never by a radio from there... If you ask me they're prices are way above the normal. Get out the yellow pages and check it out.
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

Just now reading this-glad I wasn't the only one who found the linked website somewhat...suspect. $799, when full list is $1050? I wonder if you would get a foreign market version on your doorstep if you bought it.

Something else..Vertex Standard, and Motorola on the same site? Say what you want about /\/\, if you are a dealer, they frown on cross-brand sales. But hey, if you purchase, and receive a legit North Americas radio for your $799, who am I to criticize.

Tony
giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Post by giguchan »

fellas....
I was quoted almost the same price for the same radio from a LONGTIME moto shop ON LONG ISLAND. I thought the prices were fair, now wonder what kind of radio i would have gotten if i had bought one from this dealer...
I still plan on buying 2 of these radios from this dealer one vhf and the other uhf...I hope i dont get anything that i didnt order.....
I actually checked for this radio when i was looking for an EX600 and decide on the HT instead and at no time was i ever quoted anything even close to 1K
GIG
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
Crimestopper

Post by Crimestopper »

It is nice to see some honest and sincere people on batlabs. Considering the Latin export which is the PRO9150 (HT1550) sells for $490 + I would not be surprised by that assumption from Tony S. Support your local shop or look around in your region for new portables. One quick note, the PRO9150 WILL NOT do any trunking. So if you are looking for a XLS version (passport and LTR) then forget about it. Also note those radios are slated for export to Latin American countries (no fcc type acceptance).

In regards to dealers selling something other than Motorola, it is done, but it is frowned upon by Motorola. I can name a nation wide dealer that not only sold Motorola but also Vertex, Kenwood, Jobcom, Tekk, Maxxon, and ICOM as well. HOWEVER, they never listed pricing on full line Motorola equipment on their website. That dealer was able to get away with that because they sold a large amount of Motorola radios. Even Motorola branded a few radios for them as well such as the BC120.
Will

Post by Will »

"Even Motorola branded a few radios for them as well such as the BC120."

Oh, yes that would be BearCom, one of the radio whores.
Will

Post by Will »

"Even Motorola branded a few radios for them as well such as the BC120."

Oh, yes that would be BearCom, one of the radio whores.

Watch out, you can wind up with a Asian/Latin America radio in a AA (USA) housing, people like BearComm are still doing this.
Garyf629

Post by Garyf629 »

Maybe it might be a good idea to start a "sticky" somewhere listing all the BatBoard memebers who are dealers. Start some sort of ratings system, and list for what lines they are dealers.
Bat2way

Post by Bat2way »

It is so tiring to hear about "authorized" dealers and how they are "so much better" than any two-stepping independent. Now, in ignorance, someone wants a list of "the holy ones". An MSS charging $125+ an hour to ship radios to the Depot isn't what I would call a preferred provider.

The local Motorolanopoly is OVER and has been for a while. When Motorola realizes that they should just simply sell a lot of radios, and stay out of individuals' business, their bottom line might improve. Motorola has even fueled problems with their serial number BS department and bounties for "unauthorized sales". No wonder many of the MSS's are major Kenwood dealers. Good for them.
giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Post by giguchan »

Hiya folks...
Well this kinda confirms it for me...... I always try to get my gear through a trusted moto shop-if i can.. i always give them first crack, Yeah, they are most of the time going to be more expensive,But see what people are trying to sell their USED gear for? i'm going to the moto shop everytime! this way i know what i am getting and are pretty sure i wont get something that i wont be happy with.I'm just talking about the basic stuff cdm's and HT's not the extra fancy xts stuff (I don't know enough about that kinda gear)
if it's cheaper than it should be- bet yer a$$ there is a reason...
Gig
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”