Serial Number

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

Serial Number

Post by SPVFD47 »

Is there anyway to check and see if a serial number is legit... I have a portable that I'm thinking of sending to Mot but it doesn't have the lable on it with the model number and serial number... I bought it off a fellow firefighter... Just want to check the history before I send it back.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few! Most I sign out!

:

Post by Jim2121 »

If it was stolen? and IF it was reported to this link: http://www.genesisworld.com/StolenRadio ... Search.htm

It might turn up here? 20-25 yrs. ago + we could run any serial no. but today, if its run via NCIC and/or local and it comes up stolen?
Its a new problem, because it now has to be turned in to the dept...
If it can't be turned in? some Sgt. or supervisor is going to ask where is that item that came up stolen?

So how did you run the serial # and, you don't have the radio, (or almost anything else)

As for a missing tag...I would just transfer one from another radio that was the same model... the serial no. & model will show in the software when the codeplug is read... If you get stopped in the street depending on where you live & our local pd runs a number off it. Its good, if you put a tag on it.. I don't know of any local pd, thats going to want to connect it to a rib & check the serial # that way...

Post by SPVFD47 »

All I was wondering is if they're ok to send to Moto. I bought both radios used off ebay... I don't have any past knowledge of them and like I said the one has no tag.
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

:

Post by Jim2121 »

well SPVFD47, all I can say is, you can send what you want to moto...
your town has some shops, (I know the jersey area) I would take it to a shop...walk in -walk out... you did not say what it was? Or what you wanted done? repair? tunning? ect.. As for moto, I can't answer for them.
some people sent in radios without tags & had a problem..& some didn't..
any other comments for this member?

Post by SPVFD47 »

I need to get both units repaired. They both have problems Tx-ing and Rx-ing. Can you recommand any shops ?
Jim2121
Batboard $upporter

:

Post by Jim2121 »

There are shops "motorola authorized" in NJ. That can do the same as moto.
(unless you have a warranty.) I say take it in to a local shop. have them look at it & give you a quote.
If you post what the make & model is someone on the batboard may help you... I myself have helped in programming & repair for several members. I'm almost 54 yrs. old. I don't have all the answers. only been in the comm. business appx: 30 yrs. I gave you my best advice, on the little amout of info you posted.

I wish you good luck. I don't know the local shops in NJ. I left NJ in 1967.

PS: http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... ht=#236582
wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

Allcomm technology is in Farmingdale - Wall Twp. They're down the street from me and have a nice looking place. I've never heard anything bad about them. Other than that, I have no suggestions.
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”