asst. chief pov

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

paramedic218

asst. chief pov

Post by paramedic218 »

here are some pics of an install i did on an asst. chief's pov.

hide a ways

edge that started as an I beam only that i built to his specs.

yes lots of lights. we cover an interstate in the snow belt that we shut down alot.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/para66/album?.dir=/2be9
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

whats the Deal with the Take Downs
paramedic218

Post by paramedic218 »

no take downs. just a clear lense. 6 strobes with comet flash up front. the chear to get some flash to the driver side mirror for semi's and box trucks.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

Neat, is that a powercall?

Unfortunately, all of powercall tones suck except for the classic pc whoop tone!

I love using it when I volunteer at the FD... powercall, Q peaked out and horns blasting. Unfort by itself, it is really not that cool sounding - nor is really heard very far ahead.
paramedic218

Post by paramedic218 »

sure is a power call. this is the first in our area. the fd likes it so much were getting one on our new engine. along with a Q and a bell of course 8)
Adam

Post by Adam »

I've heard of, and have seen Powercall sirens.. what's the hoopla over them?
paramedic218

Post by paramedic218 »

they have an odd sound not your typical siren. and also has a intersection mode that blows the phaser out of the water. if you get a chance to hear one you gotta do it.
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

Does anyone know of any online samples? I know it wont compare to the real thing but just for an idea.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

That sounds good with the powercall, Q, and airhorn going at once! Anybody have a sample of the intersection mode?
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

crazyboy wrote:That sounds good with the powercall, Q, and airhorn going at once! Anybody have a sample of the intersection mode?
Yeah it's pretty nifty. But for some reason I can't stand it by itself - so if I am riding as officer or driving, it only runs as background music to everything else.... :o
paramedic218

Post by paramedic218 »

that video was so freggin cool thanks for the post jedi

smitty
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

wow...that powercall really loses the high peak quickly...i thought the damn thing sounded like a duck quacking, until the engine got closer and the hi-peak wasn't lost in the backround...

interesting.
medicnurse
What radios do you own?: XTL5000;XTL2500,XTS5000,

Post by medicnurse »

firegood

Post by firegood »

it seems to go for a while after it passes the camera though.
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

That siren would drive me out of my mind after 20 seconds :o
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

deleted...
Last edited by 007 on Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
jban
What radios do you own?: AS mob, ASIII, XTS/XTL

Post by jban »

:o I'll stick with the Whelen or Federal.
John B
paramedic218

Post by paramedic218 »

it seems to work better that a regular siren. i think that it is becouse it has a different tone and sound it gets drivers attention better. and yes i am sure it helps that it will drive you out of you mind. :evil:
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

A good siren should drive you nuts! If it didn't how the heck you expect others to pay much attention to it?

I know if i was trying to get across town to a fire i would want it to sound like the devil himself bearing down on your back bumper!
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

kb0nly wrote:A good siren should drive you nuts! If it didn't how the heck you expect others to pay much attention to it?

I know if i was trying to get across town to a fire i would want it to sound like the devil himself bearing down on your back bumper!
Depends... you like to be configurable. Personally, I'm running a Cencom with an Alpha22 attached (for the sexy Xecutor mechanical tone and the Powercall warble) along with Grover Stuttertones. Hi-Lo and mechanical make a great cruising configuration out on the freeway. Yelp and Powercall along with liberal use of the Grovers are irritating as all hell, but get the point across when I'm responding through the city (lots of intersections).
paramedic218

Post by paramedic218 »

i have never heard of a cencom got any pics or even better any sights that i can hear it????
dereckpristas

Post by dereckpristas »

Able 2 makes the same intersection sound...I don't think they work that great...people just look at you and laugh because they are so used to the WHelen and FedSig tones...
paramedic218

Post by paramedic218 »

dereckpristas wrote:Able 2 makes the same intersection sound...I don't think they work that great...people just look at you and laugh because they are so used to the WHelen and FedSig tones...
isn't that the point they look at you. sounds like they work good to me.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

paramedic218 wrote:i have never heard of a cencom got any pics or even better any sights that i can hear it????
http://automotive.whelen.com/static/p361.htm

I got one of these and they sound just like any other Whelen hfs295 amps.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

jedi_saber wrote:
paramedic218 wrote:i have never heard of a cencom got any pics or even better any sights that i can hear it????
http://automotive.whelen.com/static/p361.htm

I got one of these and they sound just like any other Whelen hfs295 amps.
Yep, the Cencoms are nothing fancy as far as siren tones, they just have a LOT of smarts for controlling lights/siren/TA/etc. Sort of a SmartSiren, but done right.
emcom

Post by emcom »

Our sheriff's department used to have powercalls in some of their old cars. It was a really funny site to see a chevy malibu running bubble gum lights with a powercall siren going :o .
kc0jar
What radios do you own?: M1225, P1225, HT1250, ICV8000

Post by kc0jar »

did his installation come free with that Long John Silver's cup?
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Only thing you can do better than the cencom is a serial control MPC03. Serial sexiness!!

More siren tone configurations, and all the control options you can shake a stick at.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
opskmallory

Post by opskmallory »

I dig the Wendy's cup in #5. Was that standard equipment, or optional? :lol: What did you use for a mount?

Wait...it's gone in later photos. No mount at all?
paramedic218

Post by paramedic218 »

the fast food cup was my payment. and the mounting for the radio head is actually a pice of wood that was cut to fit in the catch all tray under the dash. all other mounted with included hardware

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”