MSR 2000 UHF PL Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ka9vxs

Post by ka9vxs »

Can I parallel a 136.5 and a 82.5 vibrasponder on the input and the output so two different parties can use the same repeater but not have to hear each others traffic? Or is there an easy way to do this another way? My pl board has one slot for in and out reeds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ka9vxs on 2001-09-10 20:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ka9vxs on 2001-09-10 20:50 ]</font>
Andy Brinkley
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: FMR80D and a Motrac with Scan

Post by Andy Brinkley »

The best, easiest and most versatile option is to add a Repeater Controller to your MSR. They go for around $75.00-$150.00 on E-bay and will allow multiple users.
Andy / NC4AB
Will

Post by Will »

We added multi PL capabilities using three different types of decoding/encoding.
The simplest is to add a Com-Spec TS32 tone PL decoder/encoder, two diodes, a resistor and a 12volt low power reed relay from Radio Shack.
The TS-32, diodes, resistor and the relay are wired to the mother board/control board. Only adjustment is for transmitt PL tone deviation.
If you need the wiring info, let me know.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”