800mhz gtx mobile question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

harrisjt2000
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

800mhz gtx mobile question

Post by harrisjt2000 »

is it possable to convert a 800mhz gtx ltr mobile to a p-plus
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Nope, been there, done that. The radio can be blanked with LAB & reinitialized with a Privacy Plus codeplug, but the radio will just sit there dumbly with "E06" on the display, with a constant error tone.

The firmware is different between the two units. I suppose you could probably order the proper firmware chips from Motorola (if you even can), but they are surface mount ICs.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
harrisjt2000
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

k

Post by harrisjt2000 »

ok that answers my question i figured not but worth the ask i guess ill find some one to trade this with if i can , thanks
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

I blanked a GTX once and got that same E06. I then went back into the radio and cloned a codeplug into it, and the error went away. I'm not sure if E06 is just telling us the radio is not programmed rather than saying it can't do what you want it to do.

I also looked high and low for an explanation of the various error codes. The only thing I could find was mention of E-anything in a user's guide. Nothing in the RSS or service manuals. Did I miss it?

Bob M.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Yes, you will see 'E06' when you blank the radio...basically it's telling you it doesn't recognize the codeplug (which it wouldn't, because the codeplug is gone).

Putting a PP codeplug into an LTR, or vice versa, will continue to give the 'E06' error.

You can put a SmartNet LTS/LCS2000 codeplug into a GTX & you'll be ok, the firmware will accept it. Try the same thing with a SmartZone codeplug & you're s.o.l.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”