MT1000 wiring help needed

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

AHSGA

MT1000 wiring help needed

Post by AHSGA »

Hello,

I am wiring a TinyTrak to a MT1000 and I finally gotten to some specific questions. I have used a earphone adapter and added pins.

For the antenna, I have tied 12 and 13 together and then to coax shield. Pin 10 then goes to the center conductor. I think that this is correct.

For the speaker, I started copying a earphone adapter and tied 5 and 7 together and run to the speaker common and then 2 for the speaker “hot”. However, looking at a speaker mic I see that pin 8 is used. Any guesses to how this should be wired?

For the mic, well, this is where I really got confused. It looks like I should input between 1 and 5, but how would I ground 4 which I would describe as Mic select?

One more question. This assembly, (radio, battery, Tinytrak), I think will be mounted in PVC tube with the GPS sensor and the radio antenna on the outside. Will the radio still operate with the on board speaker and mic assembly removed (to reduce size/weight)?

Regards,
AHSGA

Post by AHSGA »

Ok, I found there is an output on the Tinytrak to ground for ptt
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

Yes, it will work with the front panel removed. Sounds like your on the right track, no pun intended.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”