XTS3000 Beep Tones

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JimmyL1011

XTS3000 Beep Tones

Post by JimmyL1011 »

When I power up my XTS3000 it gives me the power on self test beep and then pauses and then beeps 6 times. The radio transmits and receives but beeps after powering up. Any ideas?

Jim
scoops

Post by scoops »

Sounds like it lost the secure key.Transmit with secure on and the display should read key fail.
Scoops
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

scoops wrote:Sounds like it lost the secure key.Transmit with secure on and the display should read key fail.
Scoops
I am guessing it is a Model I, otherwise it would display the error after the POST.
K8TEK::Tim
JimmyL1011

Post by JimmyL1011 »

Yes.....it is a model 1. No display, just beeps. Since I'm using it in analog mode and conventional systems, the key is unnecessary, right? It should go away when the radio's reprogrammed.
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

Make sure you untick the secure equiped opion
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

From the sounds of it, he actually may have the secure module in the radio. If so, if he ever wants to get it keyloaded - he'll need secure enabled.

Otherwise, there really is no point.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
JimmyL1011

Post by JimmyL1011 »

Once again - you guys are an invaluable help. I took off the offending encryption checkmark and the radio loads easily. My hat's off you you guys again.

Jim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”