codeplug too old/codeplug too new

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

harrisjt2000
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

codeplug too old/codeplug too new

Post by harrisjt2000 »

Is there any way to get around codeplug too old or codeplug too new errors?
Last edited by harrisjt2000 on Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

codeplug too new (urk!) message...

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Some of the older programmable radios, I understand, can handle
software from "either direction" but later models have the "too new"
feature which is enforced. I recently encountered it when setting up
an Astro. If you get the message then you're stuck, unfortunately.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
harrisjt2000
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

hj

Post by harrisjt2000 »

im getting it with a MT2000 radio owell i guess. i was tring to make it a A7 uhf 403-470 MT2000. any one have a codeplug they can send to me so i could complete this?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Since you're trying to upgrade it, I'll assume you're using some form of LAB RSS. If so, then simply read the desired codeplug...it doesn't matter if it gives the "codeplug too old/new" error...that just means it couldn't "unpack" the codeplug to show the contents in the various screens, the codeplug did actually load into the program's "memory". Next go into the "read/write with no pack/unpack" screen and hit "F8-write to radio". The codeplug will be forced into the radio.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

wavetar wrote:Since you're trying to upgrade it, I'll assume you're using some form of LAB RSS. If so, then simply read the desired codeplug...it doesn't matter if it gives the "codeplug too old/new" error...that just means it couldn't "unpack" the codeplug to show the contents in the various screens, the codeplug did actually load into the program's "memory". Next go into the "read/write with no pack/unpack" screen and hit "F8-write to radio". The codeplug will be forced into the radio.
From what I understand is LAB RSS can let you read the "codeplug too new" radio and make it readable in a regular RSS after you writing it in LAB RSS?

Return to “Radio Programming”