Astro radio programming

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

that's a pretty expensive rout to go to recieve only. why not a scanner and be able to program it yourself?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

HLA wrote:that's a pretty expensive rout to go to recieve only. why not a scanner and be able to program it yourself?
because driving a ferrari when all you need is a yugo makes you cool
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Because scanner 16 channels is better than 500...
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
swest

Post by swest »

What a bunch of worthless comments.. You dont have to be limited to 16 channels, you are not limited to the scan list... Scanning LA is nuts anyway, way too much traffic. Los Angeles and the cities around it are conventional and that shouldnt be a problem to monitor. Many people on this board listen to LAPD with astro gear, not sure why you would get in such a fuss now. There is one LE trunked system ICIS (Glendale, Burbank, Pomona) and you/he wont be able to get on that (unless authorized) so if thats the goal then the scanner would be your best bet. Several members have helped me out here and were more then helpful.

Enjoy
MRFLASHPORT

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

Gordo,

Do you live in Glendale or the Sherman oaks area?
MrFlashPort
jomer

Post by jomer »

i could do tha but i am in saudi arabia
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”